New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Problems with Espn Live online

New Poster

Problems with Espn Live online

Hi there,

My WatchESPN application on my laptop and xbox 360. Whenever I try to watch anything that is airing on ESPN or ESPN2, I receive the error message "Unable to play video.  This network is not included in your current television subscription.  Please contact your TV provider to subscribe."  I am, however, subscribed to ESPN as I am watching it right now.  I can watch it on any television in my household and see no reason why this wouldn't extend to my laptop or xbox 360 as well, especially considering it was working previously, and no changes have been made to the account.  I do not have the patience to spend 1.5-2 hours waiting on comcast support and play the transfer game. I saw somewhere in this forum that others had this problem and it was resolved. Can someone please help me?

New Poster

Re: Problems with Espn Live online

I get the exact same message with ESPN as well as AMC.  What is going on?

New Poster

Re: Problems with Espn Live online

I've been having this problem too.  Living in Wisconsin, I use a Slingbox to watch local hockey games from my parents tv using a Slingbox.  Well I saw that ESPN was going to be showing the University of Michigan game so I thought that I could watch it in HD on my television using the Xbox.

When I signed in using my e-mail (that is under my parents Comcast account) It seemed to verify the account but then when I clicked on the icon for the hockey game it showed the message  "Unable to play video.  This network is not included in your current television subscription.  Please contact your TV provider to subscribe." even though I was currently using a Slingbox to watch that channel on my computer from my parents cable box on Comcast.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation