Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Problem with xfinity mobile app for IPhone and iPad and TruTV

Regular Visitor

Problem with xfinity mobile app for IPhone and iPad and TruTV

TruTV on my xfinity mobile app says "a subscription is required" and has an orange key on it indicating that channel is locked. I have every subscription Comcast offers and Comcast is no help ith his problem. Has anyone else experienced this issue and more importantly, can you please tell me how to fix it? I have deleted and re-installed the application numerous times yet till TruTV still shows as bing locked and requiering a subscription that I already have. Thanks
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Problem with xfinity mobile app for IPhone and iPad and TruTV

Ok, so your going to the xfinitytv app on your device and then going to networks and then to truetv and you get orange keys on your phone and Ipad?  If that is the case you need to call comcast and have them update your account with the correct codes.

Regular Visitor

Spoke with various comcast departments at Lear 10 times before coming to this forum for help, thought I mentioned similar in my original post. Comcast is clueless...., and offers very little in the area of Mobil app support
Silver Problem Solver

as I said previously orange keys means your account at comcast is not coded properly so when you log in to the app with the primary account holders credentials the app checks your premissions and what you are supppose to be able to see on your account.   If your seeing the keys your account is not set up properly.  That is all you have to tell them, don't even mention the mobile app.  Do you get the channel on your cable box.?   What box do you have and is this the only network that you cannot watch?

Regular Visitor

Yes, I do get TrUTV channel on my cable boxes. It is the only network that's locked on my Mobil app though. It used to be fine on the mobile app as well until Comcast had a problem a few months back where most all of the networks on my mobile app were locked. They told me then it was a nation wide problem and they were working on it. They did get it fixed a few days later and all the networks worked on mobile again except for TRuTv which to this day I am still locked out of on the mobile app only. Cable box television it woks fine, thanx
Official Employee

Jferr9999 wrote:
Yes, I do get TrUTV channel on my cable boxes. It is the only network that's locked on my Mobil app though. It used to be fine on the mobile app as well until Comcast had a problem a few months back where most all of the networks on my mobile app were locked. They told me then it was a nation wide problem and they were working on it. They did get it fixed a few days later and all the networks worked on mobile again except for TRuTv which to this day I am still locked out of on the mobile app only. Cable box television it woks fine, thanx

Our team is looking into your issue. I will update you when I learn more.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

Thanks Joe It would be much appreciated
New Poster

Having same problem. What's going on?
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation