Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Primary user frustration

Regular Visitor

Primary user frustration

Telling me I am temporarily not allowed to make changes until the primary user provides a pin number...I AM THE PRIMARY USER!  Is there no way to remedy this problem online!

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Primary user frustration

You may be logging into a secondary account, and the actual primary is a username you never heard of. From your home network, go through the forgot username steps to confirm what the primary username is.

Gold Problem Solver

John3758 wrote: ... go through the forgot username steps to confirm what the primary username is.

How might the poster do that?

Regular Visitor

Resolved on the phone...this was resolved years ago and came to light again when we purchased a 'bundle'.  Comcast's Security Assurance people helped me out.  The account was in my husband's name...who doesn't use a computer, however, registered for email.  My problem..he didn't remember (nor does he care) what his username and password was.  I'm sure this happens a lot., but it is very frustrating as we've been dealing with Comcast since they started in Woodbridge (about 30 years), and all of a sudden I'm not allowed access.

Regular Visitor

You're right, Bruce...you can't do that without the listed primary user's username and password.  And they make us nuts and frustrated...even though we pay the bills.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation