Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Prevent auto-play of streaming TV

Regular Visitor

Prevent auto-play of streaming TV

I use the xfinity TV app (iOS) to manage DVR schedules. Every time I open the app, it starts streaming TV, and I have to manually stop it. I don't see any settings to stop this. Is there a way to prevent this?

Thanks!

Problem Solver

Re: Prevent auto-play of streaming TV

No, I even emailed the app developer asking this question.  I find it annoying that it does this automatically.  99.9% of the time I am not opening the app to stream the last channel I watched.

Write the developer (Xfinity_TVApp@comcast.com) as well, and complain about this annoyance.  Maybe they will get the point and fix this.

MadDogMikeATL wrote:

I use the xfinity TV app (iOS) to manage DVR schedules. Every time I open the app, it starts streaming TV, and I have to manually stop it. I don't see any settings to stop this. Is there a way to prevent this?

Thanks!

Regular Visitor

Thanks. Email sent.

Regular Visitor

Hey, I got a reply to my email; sounds like it will be fixed in the next update!

We hate this too and finally convinced folks here that we should not auto-play tv on startup. The next release of the app will load the last thing you'd been watching, but it won't auto-play. 

Cheers,

The XFINITY TV App Team

Problem Solver

That's cool.  I just wish it would open the menu and leave it at that.  Then I could choose where I want to go.  I really HATE the auto play "feature" though.

MadDogMikeATL wrote:

Hey, I got a reply to my email; sounds like it will be fixed in the next update!

We hate this too and finally convinced folks here that we should not auto-play tv on startup. The next release of the app will load the last thing you'd been watching, but it won't auto-play. 

Cheers,

The XFINITY TV App Team

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation