Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Premium channel subscription not recognized online

Frequent Visitor

Premium channel subscription not recognized online

I've subscribed to HBO and Showtime for years. Watched a series early on Saturday with no problem. It's right there in my account details when I log in.  But now suddenly I'm seeing notifications that I need to subscribe in order to get access to the premium channels (online)  What gives?

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: Premium channel subscription not recognized online

We just started having the same problem.  watched half a movie last night online.  went to watch the rest tonight but the "subscription needed" error is showing up.  Something must have broken in the last 24 hours.

New Poster

ditto: new online formating seems to be in need of tweaking?!

New Poster

Hi there...  I have been having the same problem but I have found a few things that will work *sometimes*.  You might try:

1.  Emptying the cache and deleting cookies

2.  logging out and then logging back in--manually entering your logn info.

3.  Refreshing the page sometimes works too.

4.  Restarting the browser and even restarting your computer. 

All of these things have worked for me in the past--although, there's no telling when they'll work.  It's very frustrating. 

Silver Problem Solver

if you go to watch a show you are a subscriber to and it works on your tv but not your pc your account needs to be fixed on comcasts end.

New Poster

Same problem here, online content has orange keys (subscription required).  Multiple computers and browser types.  Worked last night, been screwed up all day today.  My subscription channels work fine on my cable box.   Time for Xfinity to invest in better QA and service monitoring - the status pages say all is well.

New Poster

seems to be working correctly now

New Poster

Problem is back ... hmmm

New Poster

I'm having the exact same problem with Showtime and HBO on the xfinity TV online site, HBOGO and Showtime Anytime; both channels play fine on the TV. It seems Showtime availability went out last week and HBO worked this morning but not now; again, both still work on the home television and show in the account. What gives? How do we get this fixed?

Thanks

Official Employee

sirdiesolot wrote:

I'm having the exact same problem with Showtime and HBO on the xfinity TV online site, HBOGO and Showtime Anytime; both channels play fine on the TV. It seems Showtime availability went out last week and HBO worked this morning but not now; again, both still work on the home television and show in the account. What gives? How do we get this fixed?

Thanks

Try clearing your browser cache, temporary internet files, and history. Then close and re-open browser, then sign back in and attempt to play video.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon