Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Praying that xfinity support techs are actually reading these posts

New Poster

Praying that xfinity support techs are actually reading these posts

This is yet another post about the endless buffering when streaming shows and live TV through the xfinityTV website (especialy at night).  When the bufferering starts, the first thing I always do is check my connection speed (speedtest.net) and routinely hit 35-50mbps during peak hours, which should be sufficient.  I then try rebooting my router and refreshing my signal, but that doesnt seem to make a difference.  BTW- I can't help but notice that the ads NEVER lag, skip, or buffer.  Not an accusation, just an observation...

I'm running Windows 7 Professional on an HP Elitebook.  Windows, HP, Flash, Java, and browser software are all up to date.  Disk cleanup is performed frequently.  There are no other open programs competing for processing power (of which my laptop has plenty).  Other streaming services (youtube, amazon prime, network sites) stream fine.  However, my xfinityTV content buffers like crazy; to the point where I just give up in frustration.  (For example: if I try to stream Sleepy Hollow on xfinity the night after it airs, it will stop to buffer every 10 minutes or so.  But if I stream it on the Fox website, it plays fine.)  

Please figure out what's causing this buffering issue we're all experiencing and fix it.  Thank you.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation