Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Please let your paying customers watch CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX, & CW live online

New Poster

Please let your paying customers watch CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX, & CW live online

Why am I unable to view these basic channels through the Xfinity watch live tv online option?

I want to watch them on the laptop not on the tv. Is there a licensing issue?

I don't get it I can view abc family and other channels by signing into xfinity then clicking watch online then live tv like Bravo and E!

I have tried just going to ABC.com live stream site but it isn't available in my area. If these channels are included in my service from Comcast, why can't I view them through the Xfinity site?

You're making me go to third party providers to stream from pc and I don't want to do that since its you all that i'm paying for access.

So what is the solution?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Please let your paying customers watch CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX, & CW live online

It's licensing issues with the networks, but most importantly, the actual broadcast station. Not only would there be issues with rights to stream programming, there could be geo-location limits as to where you can watch the local stations. Neighboring stations wouldn't want you watch another station if you are in their area.

I do think X1 users or some areas allow streaming of local stations, but ONLY on your home network. I'm not sure if that would require a Comcast rented gateway, too.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation