Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Please bring back functions

New Poster

Please bring back functions

Once upon a time I could have my favorites listed when I was logged in under my user name on the internet, without affecting the favorites on the guide on the TV itself, or other users' favorites lists. Now it seems we only have one list of favorites, and it is propagated throughout the various boxes in the house as well as mobile apps and internet logins. This is really not at all useful unless one lives alone or everyone in the household likes exactly the same things. In our household, not useful at all.

Also, we used to be able to look up a program on the internet and select where to watch it (which room of the house). Now the only option is to stream the selection to the laptop.  Yes, I can grab the remote, but it seems silly given that I'm already using the internet.

Official Employee

Re: Please bring back functions

koche005 wrote:

Once upon a time I could have my favorites listed when I was logged in under my user name on the internet, without affecting the favorites on the guide on the TV itself, or other users' favorites lists. Now it seems we only have one list of favorites, and it is propagated throughout the various boxes in the house as well as mobile apps and internet logins. This is really not at all useful unless one lives alone or everyone in the household likes exactly the same things. In our household, not useful at all.

Also, we used to be able to look up a program on the internet and select where to watch it (which room of the house). Now the only option is to stream the selection to the laptop.  Yes, I can grab the remote, but it seems silly given that I'm already using the internet.

Thank you for the feedback; I'll share it with the team. Favorite channels are at the household-level because there is currently no way to switch between profiles on the main television.  Our user research showed that most customers prefer to only tell us their favorite channels once for convenience - even if this means there is some overflow from other customers in the home.

As for tuning from the XFINITY TV online portal, that's a popular request. That capability is available in the XFINITY TV Remote app for iOS and Android devices but not online. Again, I'll share your request.

Best,
ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation