Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Please! How do I stop looping commercials??

Contributor

Please! How do I stop looping commercials??

I am so sick of having to stop watching a show because a commerical loops over and over. Not just two or three times but 10+ times. I've tried refreshing, signing in/out of the website, trying IE instead of my standard Chrome setting, starting the show over. Nothing works. 

Does anybody have a solution that works? I've looked all over the forums and there are many, many questions such as mine with no solution. 

PS. This happened during "Fear the Walking Dead." After I got sick of repeated Matthew McCaughny ad, I did a refresh and now the highly irritating Verizon duck ad is repeating. 

Problem Solver

Re: Please! How do I stop looping commercials??

Good Morning Katherine,  you might find  this thread  helpful.  Even tho I was not the original poster, it did help me.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-com-Website/Ads-stops-me-from-reading-and-it-s-so-annoying/m-p/...

Good Luck, ciao, bj

Problem Solver

P.S. , Katherine, I noticed in another post of yours, that you recently upgraded to Win 10, I'm still at Win 7, so your problem might be the upgrade.  There are knowledgeable folks here with Win 10..  Stand by.. Smiley Happy

ciao, bj

Contributor

Thank you, BJ! 

I've always had this problem to some degree but not like this. I did have ABP on here at one point and it seems to have "disappeared" when I upgraded to Windows 10. I've added it and hope it will stop this awful looping. 

I also have a problem with watching shows on my computer, it goes to commercial and then comes back at an earlier place in the show. Have you seen anything like that on the forums? I've worked with customer service and they can't figure it out. 

New Poster

Yes! The exact same thing happens to me - regardless of the episode i choose... Did you ever find a solution? 

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation