Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Playing on Demand Movies/Content from Outside United States (Doesn't Work)

New Poster

Playing on Demand Movies/Content from Outside United States (Doesn't Work)

Bottomline up Front (BLUF): A perfect endstate would allow a COMCAST customer to have full access to all availble content no matter physical location.  Yes would pay additional for this service as long as amount requested was reasonable, $5.00 - $10.00 bucks a month.

Background: Currently have Family members outside of the U.S., going over to Japan.  They will be there for months and we would like to access our outstanding services and content that COMCAST provides to us inside of the U.S. 

I have been on numerous trips within U.S. and became hooked, addicted to having full access to movies, staying current on DEXTER, series, etc, etc.  When outside U.S. can logon to Xfinity site, see everything, just can't get anything to play.  Receive a 400 Error Code.  As I understand it, its because of the IP not being based in U.S. 

For me it seems like a simple item to fix, have customers sign into account, tell physical location, then have information requested routed through a proxy server and returned to them.  The IP would come from the proxy server or application, so all of the conflicts would vanish and we could enjoy services and entertainment no matter where located.

Finished a Chat requesting any established work arounds, solutions and if plans were inplace to fix this content restriction. Ryan was great, but currently no plans he is aware of to explore this service. 

Hoping this post will spawn an effort to provide this service.  If not what happens is customers will consider what I'm considering right now.  Signing up for NETFLIX or HULU who have broken through this delivering content problem outside the U.S. for customers.  

I truly enjoy comcast, but don't want to continue paying what I do now and then a additional amount to another provider for less than what I can get from COMCAST now (HULU or NETFLIX).  If no way can be established in near future to provide content outside U.S. then will have to downgrade services provided by COMCAST and sign up with other content providers that can deliver while in Japan.  Something I really, really don't want to do, why I did the Chat and now adding information to Forum.

Respectfully,

Michael

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Playing on Demand Movies/Content from Outside United States (Doesn't Work)

Although it isn't obvious, this forum is generally a customer to customer forum and is not actively monitored by Comcast. Although Comcast employees (their usernames are in red) are often here to help, they may not see your specific post. To get help, you can drop a note to Comcast corporate customer service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com).

For the quickest response, please include:
Your full name;
Service address;
Phone number & an alternate number if possible;
Account number;
A link to your post.

Also the only way to watch netflix outside the us is to set up a vpn connection, as netlfix also checks to see if your IP address is based in the us.  Also dexter is not available on netflix.  I would like to know what over service you are considering that will let you do what your trying to do, as of now fios can't att uverse can't.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation