Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Playback Unavailable Due to "Non-US" location - I am in the US.

New Poster

Playback Unavailable Due to "Non-US" location - I am in the US.

I'm getting an error message for multiple streams saying that Playback is unavailable due to "XfinityTV videos can only be viewed from within the US"... I was playing videos earlier today just fine, and then all of a sudden I try to continue streaming an episode I'd stopped halfway through, and all videos I try are giving me the same error message.

Contributor

Re: Playback Unavailable Due to "Non-US" location - I am in the US.

Your IP address might be resolving to a different country or location which would be the reason you are receiving such error.

Check your IP address information by going here: http://whatismyipaddress.com/

If it's not resolving to a United States location, contact Comcast to have the issue taken care of.

New Poster

My IP address is in the US. If that's not the issue, what else can it be?

Problem Solver

And be careful! If you really were watching okay from your same internet connection earlier today, your PC may have been hacked!  If you are not already running antivirus software and a firewall, I'd check that out immediately!

Contributor

Try using another browser, perhaps another computer. If that doesn't fix the issue, reset the internet router.

Gold Problem Solver

BellevueBob wrote: ... your PC may have been hacked! ...

Why do you think the OP might have been hacked?

Problem Solver

BruceW wrote:

BellevueBob wrote: ... your PC may have been hacked! ...

Why do you think the OP might have been hacked?

Because if he was succesfully using the web site to from a particular location and then suddenly his IP address changed to a non-US address (causing that error), it would suggest that he picked up a trojan that is redirecting his connection, perhaps through a rogue VPN.  Such a trojan might be intermittant such that it appears randomly and briefly.

I posted my comment only as a warning (and before I saw his reply that it was a US address).

Official Employee

Go_Bruin1 wrote:

I'm getting an error message for multiple streams saying that Playback is unavailable due to "XfinityTV videos can only be viewed from within the US"... I was playing videos earlier today just fine, and then all of a sudden I try to continue streaming an episode I'd stopped halfway through, and all videos I try are giving me the same error message.

When this happens again please obtain your IP from: http://www.whatismyip.com/ and post it back here. Also send along the link to the video you were attempting to play.

Thanks,
Tony

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon