Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Play TV app wont work on Acer A100 tablet

New Poster

Play TV app wont work on Acer A100 tablet

I am trying to use the watch TV app on an Acer A100 tablet. I downloaded the Android app, but it says that it is not compatable with my tablet. I am running Android 4.0. I dont understand why the app wont work.

Can anyone help? I can watch everything on my computer, but the tablet wont play anything because it says the necessary app is incompatable with the A100.

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Play TV app wont work on Acer A100 tablet

The app is not compatible with all android tablets as the message to you said.

Contributor

Google told me today that Comcast has black listed the Acer Iconia A100 from being able to use the Xfinity TV Player App. If this is true, I want a good explantion as to why. 

Contributor

You are right to question this as the basic specs look the same.  All I can offer in the way of an explanation is that (IMHO) some lower level library or the video size (?) must not have been to their liking.  I have noticed this with many of the game people they seem to hit and miss on the different tablets.  I do know that when you get into the native api level is where you lose that wonderful Java write once run anywhere.  If you do get an official response I would love to hear it.

HTH,

marka

Silver Problem Solver

I would like to know where you spoke to google.

the xfinity apps always have a problem working with the lower level tabs from what I have seen.  You get an ipad or a galaxy tab, no problems.

Contributor

You put in a request on the Google Play helpsite, and they call you back. 

Contributor

I was able to find the APK for Xfinity TV Player and you know what? It runs flawlessly on my Acer Iconia A100. Which gets back to my first comment. Comcast has blacklisted the Acer A100 for some reason so it does not show up on the Google Play store. Since it runs without any problems, that says it is not a hardware issue with the device. 

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation