New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Pc freeze/crash when watching a show online

Regular Visitor

Pc freeze/crash when watching a show online

Hi,

my computer keeps crashing / freezing wile i watch shows like Cutthroat Kitchen over Streampix. Sometimes i can watch 3-4 Episodes and sometimes not even 15mins of one. The screen is all in one color (sometimes blue or green, last time orange) and the sound freezes into one tone.

I use Mozilla in the latests version. Also all my plugins like Flash are updated. Drivers too.

I can watch movies from my harddisk without any trouble, i can watch YouTube without any trouble. I also played some Hardware intense games like Witcher 3 and GTA5 for hours to see if maybe my hardware is failing somewere. Nothing. All runs smooth and without any crash at all. Windows (8.1) is stable and up to date.

So whatever it is, its caused somehow by the Website. To watch shows i go to xfinity.com,click little tv icon,choose shows, new windows checks for permission, show starts.

I tested now over couple days and pushed my computer to the edge with programs and multi-tasking. No issues, just when i want to see a show! I just subscribed to a higher plan to get streampix, so its very anyoing to see it won't work Smiley Sad

Thanks

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation