Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Parental controls not enabled, but still lock down shows with adult ratings....

New Poster

Parental controls not enabled, but still lock down shows with adult ratings....

Hello there,

I've seen a few threads on a similar topic, we've been having problems accessing xfinity tv online, specifically shows or movies with adult ratings like The Sopranos, Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire, True Blood, all give the same error message:

This video is rated TV-MA

The following program is intended for mature audiences only.

Manage Parental Controls

We have tried parental controls completely disabled, and also on with every rating allowed, and it still blocks everything for all 3 of our family with usernames.

Could you please see if you can help with the parental controls seeming to be locked on?  I would like to be able to watch the shows that I like on your network, while on my PC or tablet.

If you could get this straightened out, it would definitely help a lot of people.

Thank you

Frequent Visitor

Re: Parental controls not enabled, but still lock down shows with adult ratings....

This is an issue for me as well. I tried it on Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Firefox. I've deleted all history and cookies. I've reset all browsers back to default (factory) settings. I've disabled all extensions on all browsers. I've "turned off" my parental controls. I even tried it with parental controls on but allowing all channels. My flash player is up to date. I have all current Windows updates installed. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit and Fedora Linux. I even tried using Internet Explorer 32-bit. It just gets stuck on the following; 

This video is rated TV-MA.

The following program is intended for mature audiences only.

Manage Parental Controls

It wont get past this page. I've tried it on multiple videos. This happened while trying to watch The Walking Dead. Please fix this ASAP Comcast!!!!!!! You might lose a few customers . Right now I'm on Linux and it's happening as well. Here's more information with the computer I'm currently using;

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown Use Dac: False My Conroller ID: Unknown My Map ID: Unknown My Persona ID: 7569 My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Watchlist setup: False Facebook Watchlist Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: (personal) My operating system: Linux - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 33 - Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux X86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/33.0.1750.152 Safari/537.36 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Silverlight version: Unknown My Flash version: 12.0.0 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled (1678 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Tue Apr 01 2014 16:18:39 GMT-0700 (PDT) Server Clock Time: Tue Apr 01 2014 16:18:39 GMT-0700 (PDT)

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation