Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Parental Controls Prevent Video Streaming On line

Frequent Visitor

Parental Controls Prevent Video Streaming On line

I see this issue has arisen in the past but I can't find a fix. When I try to watch any video online it goes to the screen, gives me a message that it's obtaining authorization and then flashes a message that this video is rating TV-14 or TV-PG or whatever. It doesn't matter the level.  It gives a link to manage parental controls. I've got parental controls off but it doesn't matter. I turned them on and allowed everything and that didn't work either. I turned them off again and that didn't fix it.  I went into a chat with someone in India for over an hour and they screwed around with my account and didn't fix it. They claimed they would reset something and it would work in 24 hours. It doesn't.  I can watch the same videos on the Ipad app.

Here is my info since you seem to ask for it as a standard response. 

My Device Information My Zip Code: 37216 My Cable Provider: Unknown Use Dac: False My Conroller ID: 126 My Map ID: 11 My Persona ID: 7667 My myDVR Manager Status: Activated My Set Top Box Names: DVR 1 My Queue setup: True Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 69.245.0.249 My operating system: Windows - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 28 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/28.0.1500.72 Safari/537.36 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Silverlight version: 5.1.20513.0 My Flash version: 11.8.800 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled (2541 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Sun Jul 21 2013 22:14:27 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time) Server Clock Time: Sun Jul 21 2013 22:16:24 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time)

My Account Information In Home Authenticated: False Primary Account: True Provider Codes: S, Gt, Du, Cy, Hp, Fk, Ep, Eq, Hc, Dm, Cq, Hb, Eu, Ey, Ee, Fm, U, Gz, Fc, Eh, Bt, Gi, Bw, Gf, Bu, By, Em, Ax, Bs, At, Bl, Gd, Fo, Bp, Gw, Gr, Cw, K, Dg, J, Dt, Bn, Ha, Bi, Bj, Ce, Ez, Dx, Gk, Fh, Fd, Do, Fy, Is, Au, Ew, Ed, B, Go, Dj, De, H, Fa, Ci, A, Fx, Gq, Cp, Ge, Ea, Cb, E, Eb, Bz, Co, Gh, Ir, Gn, Dp, Gg, Gl, Dh, En, Gp, Fi, Cd, Cf, Fb, Ar, Cg, Df, Cu, Cz, Ia, Br, Fe, Ex, Ga, Fw, Bh, Fz, Bx, Fn, Ff, Dv, Fs, Ct, Cs, Et, Cv, Gv, Fr, Db, Dr, Bm, Gm, Bk, Er, Fv, Dy, Cj, Bo, Dn, Ft, Bq, Aw, Dc, Dl, Da, Im, Fq, Fl, Gs, Bv, El, Di, Fu, Cx, Dk, Dq, Fg, Fp, Ds, Eo, Gx, D, Y, Es, Gj, Ev, Ht, Gc, Fj, Cn, Ch, Gb, Eg, Cc Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False
Problem Solver

Re: Parental Controls Prevent Video Streaming On line

Are you signing in online as the primary account or as a secondary account?

Frequent Visitor

Primary.

Frequent Visitor

It still won't allow me to watch video. I've reset the parental controls again. Even with your whoopy doo new Home Pass I get the same result. And yes the little green house is showing int the corner. What do you have to do to get support? I spent an hour with on line chat and that was useless.

New Poster

I just had the same problem. I had tried the things you mentioned before I saw your note (minus the 1 hour call to India ;-) ).  Then I changed 2 things.  I was using Safari and switched to Chrome.  When I picked the show I noticed that there was an online tab and a TV tab. This time I was sure to pick the online tab.  The video started playing no problem.  I don't know which change was the fix but it works now.

New Poster

Same issue. Don't have Parental Controls enabled, but get error message stating that I don't have access to watch a movie due to Parental Controls being enabled. No idea what to do...

New Poster

Hello Xfinity support,

Has this been resolved? I also cannot view any tv shows or movies online as the parental controls supposedly blocks it. Parental controls are disabled. I have the latest browsers in firefox and chrome. Doesn't work on both. I have the Xfinity app on ipad and iphone and I can watch shows fine on those.

New Poster

I am having the same issue. I go to User Preferences page and disable parental controls, but if I reload the page, it asks me to create a pin again and shows my parental controls as on. The issue seems to be that parental control settings aren't being updated and saved, so it is impossible to disable until Comcast fixes their website. 

Frequent Visitor

Have you people fixed this yet?

Frequent Visitor

I'm still having this issue. When I talked to customer service they had me clear my browser history...then we got cut off. I still haven't fixed it.

New Poster

Same issue, Please fix

New Poster

I am also having this problem.  Neither Firefox nor Explorer will play it the PG rated show.

Regular Visitor

I am having the same problem.  Who can help?

New Poster

Today's November 27th and I see there are no helpful responses from anyone, including support.  I was trying to sneak a show in at work, but this error has stopped my sneakiness!!!!

New Poster

Same problem, change parentral controls on primary account and still no video just sound.

Frequent Visitor

I've been having this same issue for the past couple months. I've disabled parental controls several times and it seems the settings don't stick. (I don't know how they got enabled in the first place because I never did it originally.) There has to be some way to keep the parental controls disabled.

I'm using Google Chrome and logged into the primary account when I try to change them.

ETA: I just had the same thing happen literally less than five minutes after disabling the settings and watching one short video. This is getting very annoying.

Frequent Visitor

I just tried IE 11 and video streaming is working fine. It shows the parental control screen but then goes to the video, or the commercial. It still does not stream on Chrome Version 31.0.1650.63 m. Hey ComcastJoe any chance you could work a solution to this problem? I shouldn't have to switch to a different browser.

New Poster

Same issue! I have tried everything mentioned on the first post except calling to India. I watched a movie, and a couple of days after, I unsuccessfully tried to watch another one. This issue is very annoying! Please, fix it!

Frequent Visitor

This is an issue for me as well. I tried it on Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Firefox. I've deleted all history and cookies. I've reset all browsers back to default (factory) settings. I've disabled all extensions on all browsers. I've "turned off" my parental controls. I even tried it with parental controls on but allowing all channels. My flash player is up to date. I have all current Windows updates installed. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit and Fedora Linux. I even tried using Internet Explorer 32-bit. It just gets stuck on the following; 

This video is rated TV-MA.

The following program is intended for mature audiences only.

Manage Parental Controls

It wont get past this page. I've tried it on multiple videos. This happened while trying to watch The Walking Dead. Please fix this ASAP Comcast!!!!!!! You might lose a few customers . Right now I'm on Linux and it's happening as well. Here's more information with the computer I'm currently using;

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown Use Dac: False My Conroller ID: Unknown My Map ID: Unknown My Persona ID: 7569 My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Watchlist setup: False Facebook Watchlist Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: (personal) My operating system: Linux - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 33 - Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux X86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/33.0.1750.152 Safari/537.36 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Silverlight version: Unknown My Flash version: 12.0.0 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled (1678 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Tue Apr 01 2014 16:18:39 GMT-0700 (PDT) Server Clock Time: Tue Apr 01 2014 16:18:39 GMT-0700 (PDT)

New Poster

I am the primary account holder and have NEVER set parental controls,  yet I am unable to watch anything above PG13 on my ipad.  So, I have gone into my Comcast account, created a pin and turned off the contoals. I go back to the Showtime/HBO app and parental controls are back on.  I am unable to use my Showtime or HBO app on my ipad due to this problem.  I have been dealing with Comcast support for months and it is not fixed.  Their support never follows up to resolve this issue. They always say they will call, but don't.   This is sad and I feel I am being cheated out of services I am paying for.  

Regular Contributor

If you don't get some attention from an official Comcast person within a reasonable time, I suggest you send one of them a private message with a link to this thread. There are certainly enough people complaining about the same problem to warrant someone to help you guys.

- Norm

New Poster

Thank you for your suggestion.  Have located an email address and hope I get a response.

Service Expert
Moved:

New Poster

two years later, just waiting for a fix! 

Windows 8.1, ie 11.0 and chrome both present the same error.

Unable to Retrieve Parental Controls

There was a problem retrieving your parental controls. Please try again.

(Error parentalControls / parentalControls.500: API Failure)

Service Expert
Moved:

New Poster

Changed browser to allow all plugins and it STILL doesn't work. This company is complete garbage. I hope they go down in flames one day

New Poster

Unfortunately I am now having this issue. Worked fine for me yesterday, today....not working.

Every browser, even after cleaning, multiple computers, all no access.

WTH Comcast, no parental controls where ever setup.