Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Pac-12 online stream Error 525/6030

Frequent Visitor

Pac-12 online stream Error 525/6030

Help...receiving error when trying to access the Pac12 network online with IE8.   Silverlight was installed. 

Tried all the links provided in this thread and receive the same error.

This Video cannot be played

Sorry this video is currently unavailable (Error 525/6030)

Please check back soon

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Pac-12 online stream Error 525/6030

jmedeiros wrote:

Help...receiving error when trying to access the Pac12 network online with IE8.   Silverlight was installed. 

Tried all the links provided in this thread and receive the same error.

This Video cannot be played

Sorry this video is currently unavailable (Error 525/6030)

Please check back soon

Completely uninstall Silverlight from your computer. Then download and install Silverlight from the link below:

Windows users 

Follow all the on-screen instructions and then try playing videos again. Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Comcast Joe

Uninstalled Silverlight

Rebooted computer

downloaded silverlight to my computer from your link

installed silverlight

tried to access Pac12 network via xfinity TV

Same error message

fyi, when I view ESPN via xfinity TV...it works.   when I view CNN I get the same error message.

Please advise

Official Employee

jmedeiros wrote:

Comcast Joe

Uninstalled Silverlight

Rebooted computer

downloaded silverlight to my computer from your link

installed silverlight

tried to access Pac12 network via xfinity TV

Same error message

fyi, when I view ESPN via xfinity TV...it works.   when I view CNN I get the same error message.

Please advise

Uninstall Silverlight again and then try downloading this older version (version 4) and see if it works:

Silverlight 4

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Comcast Joe

I followed sames steps as before, but instead installed Silverlight 4 from your link

When I try to launch Pac12 Network within Xfinity TV I receive the message that prompts me to upgrade Silverlight Plugin.

I receive the same prompt to upgrade Silverlight Plugin when I try CNN now as well.

Please advise.

thanks for your help.

Frequent Visitor

Joe,

hmmm... found the following link regarding utilization of silverlight with DRM....

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc838192(v=vs.95).aspx

I noticed from some prior messages that users complained of the 6030 error when the new version of Silverlight was released in the 5/31 timeframe

I'm getting a bad feeling that some corners were cut on sufficient testing and I'm going to miss out on watching football on Saturday.

Please help.

Frequent Visitor

Joe,

Don't know if this helps you diagnose my problem or not.

I uninstalled Silverlight

I renamed my mspr.hds to mspr.HOLD

I rebooted my computer

I installed Silverlight from your first provided link

I launched Pac12 network and get a new error 525/6007

Don't know if this new error is easier to solve or not.   I can always get back to the original error by deleting the mspr.hds created and renaming my original file from mspr.hold back to mspr.hds

Please advise.

thanks for your help

Official Employee

jmedeiros wrote:

Joe,

Don't know if this helps you diagnose my problem or not.

I renamed my mspr.hds to mspr.HOLD

I rebooted my computer

I installed Silverlight from your first provided link

I launched Pac12 network and get a new error 525/6007

Don't know if this new error is easier to solve or not.   I can always get back to the original error by deleting the mspr.hds created and renaming my original file from mspr.hold back to mspr.hds

Please advise.

thanks for your help

Delete Silverlight again and then try clearing any hidden PlayReady cache. To do that:

Go to Start and search "cmd". "cmd.exe will appear and right-click it and Run as an administrator. Now enter the folling into the command line:

cd %ProgramData%\Microsoft\PlayReady\
del *.hds
rmdir /S Cache

You'll be presented with a Yes/No prompt. Hit Y and press Enter. Windows will delete the hidden Cache folder and all its content.

After that, please installed the version of Silverlight linked below:

Windows users

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Re: error 634

I'm trying to do the same thing and I'm receiving an error code 525/6030. I have the Pac 12 network on my tv, so it can't be a subscription issue. I've uninstalled flash and reinstalled it. No idea how to fix the problem.

New Poster

That cache deletion didn't work, Joe (I was able to follow the instructions and deleted the cache, and installed silverlight again, but I get the same error when trying to stream the Pac-12 Network).

Frequent Visitor

Joe,

Deleted Silverlight

Rebooted

Deleted mspr.hds

removed Cache directory

Installed Silverlight from link

Rebooted

Tried Pac12 Network via Xfinity TV

Received Error 525/6007

couple other pieces of info

when launching Pac12 network, the screen says Obtaining Authorization, followed by Starting Playback when the error is spit back

also, my mspr.hds is located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\PlayReady and not in the location you referenced.    But I understood what you were trying to achieve via the DOS commands.

Please advise on what to do next.

thanks

New Poster

Adding to my post I have also tried this on my home and work computer. Is this an internal comcast issue?

Official Employee

Hi all, 

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information under Device Information and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

My Device Information

My Zip Code: Unknown

My Cable Provider: Unknown

My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown

My Set Top Box Names: Unknown

My Queue setup: False

Facebook Queue Syncing: false

Facebook Connect: False

My public IP address: 67.174.197.20

My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 5.1 My web browser: Explorer 8 - Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB7.4; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C)

My system type: Desktop computer or other device

My Move player version: Not Installed

My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0

My flash version: 11.4 r402 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled

New Poster

Got same error "Sorry, this video is currently unavailable. (Error 525|6007)" after following all instructions provided to date.

Ran device manager as suggested.  Here are results.  Please advise for way ahead.

My Zip Code:97405My Cable Provider:Comcast Eugene DigitalMy myDVR Manager Status:UnknownMy Set Top Box Names:UnknownMy Queue setup:FalseFacebook Queue Syncing:falseFacebook Connect:FalseMy public IP address:98.204.114.89My operating system:Windows - Windows NT 6.1My web browser:Explorer 8 - Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.3; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; MS-RTC LM 8)My system typeesktop computer or other deviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:5.1.10516.0My flash version:11.4 r402Javascript&colon; <script type="text/javascript">// document.write('enabled'); // </script> enabled

Cookies:enabled

Frequent Visitor

I'm getting same error messages today on PAC 12 Network on 2 separate computers. FYI I can watch all other networks (ESPN etc) without any issues and it (PAC 12 streaming) was working fine on the computer I'm using now yesterday. This has to be a problem with Comcast or the network, not our computers. I have not changed any settings since I last watched it.

Frequent Visitor

My Zip Code: 87120 My Cable Provider: Comcast Albuquerque Digital My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 174.56.21.113 My operating system: Windows - rv:15.0 My web browser: Firefox 15 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.4 r402 Javascript&colon; enabled Cookies: enabled Time Information My Clock Time: Sat Sep 08 2012 21:49:45 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time) Server Clock Time: Fri Sep 07 2012 21:49:41 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time)

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: bi, bj, bq, ce, cd, cf, aw, bv, b, c, cm, bw, ci, a, y, bx, bb, bc, by, bs, at, cb, ch, bm, bl, bk, bo, cc, f, m, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True
Frequent Visitor

I should add, this is the message I'm getting when I try to play it:

This video cannot be played.

Sorry, this video is currently unavailable. (Error 525|6002)

Please check back soon.

New Poster

Also experiencing similar problems. Here is the message I get:

Sorry, we've experienced some difficulty playing your video.

Please refresh this page in your browser to try again.

(Error 634)

Please advise

Frequent Visitor

so, no further help on this issue? Very frustrating.

Frequent Visitor

Also dealing with the same exact thing.  Did all the suggested "fixes" so far with no success.  2 weeks into season, still nothing.  Get to see 10 seconds of womens soccer then cuts to that error.

New Poster

Hi Joe,

I also followed your instructions and I am getting the same behavior as jmedeiros.  Now, instead of getting a 525|6030 error when trying to play any Xfinity Silverlight video, I consistently get a 525|6007 error.  This is true for both the latest Chrome browser and IE 8.  In the case of IE 8, I also get a IE crash popup.  

FWIW, I am running on Win7 with modern hardware (intel i7, nvidia graphics, 4GB memory).

Fortunately I can still watch the flash based channels (ESPN), but I have never been able to watch Xfinity silverlight video since I started with Xfinity 5 months ago. Needless to say, I have no problems with Silverlight and Netflix.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. I was considering upgrading to Streampix but I have changed my mind until this issue is resolved.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Roy

Frequent Visitor

Joe,

See below device information....I was missing data in my paste above due to an incomplete profile which I have now completed.

My Device Information My Zip Code:  94123

My Cable Provider:  Comcast San Francisco CableCard

My myDVR Manager Status:  Unknown

My Set Top Box Names:  Unknown

My Queue setup:  False

Facebook Queue Syncing:  false

Facebook Connect:  False

My public IP address:  67.174.197.20

My operating system:  Windows - Windows NT 5.1

My web browser:  Explorer 8 - Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB7.4; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C)

My system type:  Desktop computer or other device

My Move player version:  Not Installed

My Silverlight version:  5.1.10516.0

My flash version:  11.4 r402

Javascript&colon;  enabled

Cookies:  enabled

Official Employee

Hi all,

Please uninstall the Silverlight plug-in and try playing a video again. You will now be prompted to download Silverlight. Please follow all the on-screen instructions, restart your browser, and then attempt to play the video again.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Joe,

followed intructions, same result

525/6007

Is there anyway to debug and determine the exact conditions in which 6007 is thrown?   From what I've read, 6007 seems to be a user defined error.

The PlayReady License server allows the server developer to return an error that is specific to the service. For example, the server might return one of these errors: "You need to pay your bill," "The service is unavailable," or "You have exhausted your monthly stream count." The SOAP exception that is returned from the license server has additional data in the CustomData field that is added by the server. You need to write application logic in the Silverlight application to interpret this. These responses are primarily used when you implement a custom license acquisition (see Add Custom Logic later in this topic).

New Poster

Any solution to this problem?  I'm getting the same error messages.  I can stream ESPN from the xfinity site, but can't steam Pac-12.

My computer is:

2010 MacBook Pro

OS X 10.7.x

tried Safari and Firefox

However, I can stream Pac-12 on my other Mac

2008 Mac Mini

OS X 10.6.x

works in Safari and Firefox

I've tried reinstalling Silverlight but still get the same error.  Any special steps I should take that are specific to Macs?

EDIT:  Fixed my problem  Need to delete the Microsoft playready file.  This can be a problem if you're using a Mac and recently migrated from another computer:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2551006?start=0&tstart=0

Frequent Visitor

Joe,

I got it working.

Deleted Cache and MSPR.HDS  (note:  Cache folder is hidden so you need to allow hidden files to be seen)

Turned off all virus and firewall software.  ( I use Symantec Endpoint Protection for virus and firewall)

Went to Xfinity TV site, logged in and downloaded Silverlight to my hard drive rather than install directly from xfinity tv.

Exited IE8

Installed Silverlight

reopened IE8

Went to Xfinity TV site, logged in and launched Pac12 network and it worked!!!!

Turned Symantec Endpoint protection back on

Frequent Visitor

Still can't get it to work on mine and getting this message:

Please check back soon.

Learn More

Have tried everything suggested above. I confirmed that Silverlight works on another website. What do I do now?

Official Employee

cridkid wrote:

Still can't get it to work on mine and getting this message:

Please check back soon.

Learn More

Have tried everything suggested above. I confirmed that Silverlight works on another website. What do I do now?

Please go here to donwload and install PlayReady PC and then try watching a video again.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

I uninstalled Playready PC. Downloaded and reinstalled as directed. Restarted browser. Same result.

Frequent Visitor

So, what gives? No further suggestions?

Official Employee

cridkid wrote:

So, what gives? No further suggestions?

Try completely uninstalling Silverlight from your computer and then go here to download and install an older version of Silverlight:

Silverlight 4

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Yeah, tried that one before, but went ahead and tried it again. It tells me I have to upgrade Silverlight before I can watch. The if I upgrade it goes back to the same error message.

New Poster

I was getting error 634 and I think 525 depending on the browser that I used (And what fixes I tried) on my laptop.  Nothing in this thread fixed it for me.  PAC-12 Networks worked fine on my desktop however, but I need it to work on my laptop. 

I found that if I try to go through either the PAC-12 Network site, or the main XfinityTV site, I get errors every time and cannot watch.  It's not a fix, but if I go to these links, I can watch just fine:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/live/network/pac12network
 http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/live/ne...networkbayarea
 http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/live/ne...worklosangeles 
 http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/live/ne...2networkoregon
 http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/live/ne...workwashington
 http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/live/ne...etworkmountain
 http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/live/ne...networkarizona

Very odd, and may not work for you, but works for me.  So I just made a bookmark folder with these links for quick access.

Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately using those links resulted in the same error message for me. I don't get it. I can get it to play on my wife's laptop (has same OS, browser and silverlight version) but not on mine and I can't identify any different setting I on mine versus hers. Silverlight works fine for me on other websites such a Netflix. I would think there would be a simple solution to this problem but the techs on here haven't been much help, and now they are repeating solutions that have already been tried and failed. Is there a way to get more advanced technical support from Comcast on an issue like this than what is offered in these forums?

New Poster

Has anyone solved these issues yet?  I'm still getting error 634, no matter what browser I use, and it's almost football season again.  SO FRUSTRATING!  No ipad support, and I can't watch on my laptap.  I'm away from home a lot so I need this to work!  I have Windows 7, have uninstalled/reinstalled silverlight countless times, updated flash, tried multiple browsers, etc.  Any help, Comcast, or are you leaving the customers hanging in the wind as always?