Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

PC Shutdown

New Poster

PC Shutdown

My pc shuts down after 30 mins of watching Xfinity shows. This does nor happen with Netflix, Hulu or any other website. Any resolution to this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Problem Solver

Re: PC Shutdown

Have you checked under your computer settings to see if it is set to turn off the screen or go to sleep in 30 minutes. If so set the time limits longer.

Many computer programs don't recognize that someone is using the computer unless a key is pressed, or maybe the mouse is moved. Watching a movie may not be recognized by the computer as someone using it.

New Poster

Yes, and it still does it.  Since I posted this last, I have watched Netflix/Hulu with no problems at all.  Once I access the Xfinity website & try to stream tv it shuts off after 30-40 mins.  *sigh* 

Problem Solver

Customer61 wrote:

Yes, and it still does it.  Since I posted this last, I have watched Netflix/Hulu with no problems at all.  Once I access the Xfinity website & try to stream tv it shuts off after 30-40 mins.  *sigh* 

I will assume from this reply that you have your PC set up to stay on at least an hour or more and you still have the problem with Comcast.

Hopefully someone from Comcast will answer your post with an explanation.

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation