Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

PC Guide/Grid functionality

Frequent Visitor

PC Guide/Grid functionality

With recent "improvements" the functionality of the guide/grid, as seen on a PC, has been compromised.

What's missing is a FAVORITES filter and the ability to create/erase favorite selections - similar to that seen in the TV guide.

As it stands, finding a favorite channel to DVR program requires scrolling through more than 100 channels.  Unacceptable.

Kindly reinstate the functionality of the old grid.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: PC Guide/Grid functionality

krosnafone wrote:

With recent "improvements" the functionality of the guide/grid, as seen on a PC, has been compromised.

What's missing is a FAVORITES filter and the ability to create/erase favorite selections - similar to that seen in the TV guide.

As it stands, finding a favorite channel to DVR program requires scrolling through more than 100 channels.  Unacceptable.

Kindly reinstate the functionality of the old grid.

Sorry, but comcast rep has written in the website forum that the old site will not return.

tv website forum can be found here:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website/bd-p/OnlineHelpTV

New Poster

I actually called and complained about this to a level 2 tech named Jim the first day after a level 1 tech had told me you could filter your favorites, but could no longer find it. He was surprised, gave me a case number, submitted a ticket and said he presumed it was an error/oversiight and would be quickly remedied. It's been a month with no change, and the online guide is essentially useless.
Frequent Visitor

A pity.  It's not necessary to bring back the old interface -  add a FAVORITES filter the new look.

Unification of design is desireable.  Degrading of a useful feature is not.  Think 'users', not 'engineering.'

Official Employee

krosnafone wrote:

A pity.  It's not necessary to bring back the old interface -  add a FAVORITES filter the new look.

Unification of design is desireable.  Degrading of a useful feature is not.  Think 'users', not 'engineering.'

Favorites were just added to the XFINTIY TV Remote apps and will be making their way to the XFINITY TV apps and portal soon.  Major updates come out about every 6 weeks. I'm not sure if all platforms will have favorites at the same time but the technical team is aware of the need and working quickly to add that features. Thanks for sticking by us through this transition.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Re: PC Guide/Grid functionality+ ANOTHER ISSUE

Thanks for the feedback.  This was discussed last week with a CC rep in Linwood, WN, who agreed that the PC grid has suffered.

Then we pursued another annoying issue, on which your rep and I were equally confused...

The TV channel lineup had changed and selection via remote buttons or voice didn't seem to work.  After 45-minutes the genesis of these problems made some sense.  Seems that the channel lineup had been consolidated, with SD and HD now combined as one.  E.g.:  Channel 6 became the CBS HD source and CBS HD 706 vanished.  Yet the next day all reverted back to the old operation.

Perhaps a temporary workaround had been in place as equipment was serviced, but these kinds of  subversions tick off customers.  Change is constant, but should be announced well in advance - especially to your own first-tier folks.