Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Out of the country streaming

New Poster

Out of the country streaming

Please explain why I can not stream out of the while I am out of the country. I may undersand the live streaming, but for what reason will Xfinity not allow me to stream what I downloaded to me device while I am not in the US.  Even with me being in the US, I still CANNOT stream NFL games.  I use your internet, cable and phone and am seriously thinking of going to DirectTV just so I can stream all my available channels.  

Official Employee

Re: Out of the country streaming

ljmorales878 wrote:

Please explain why I can not stream out of the while I am out of the country. I may undersand the live streaming, but for what reason will Xfinity not allow me to stream what I downloaded to me device while I am not in the US.  Even with me being in the US, I still CANNOT stream NFL games.  I use your internet, cable and phone and am seriously thinking of going to DirectTV just so I can stream all my available channels.  

Rights to stream outside the US are not allowed by our programming partners. If you download the content ahead of time (Cloud DVR or On Demand), you can watch anywhere - even when offline (assuming you have renewed your license by opening the app at least once within the past 30 days). The rights to stream NFL are controlled by the NFL and depend on blackouts and other restrictions (not a Comcast restriction, an NFL restriction).  You can sometimes get acces via tablets (iOS/Android) and web but not on mobile phones because NFL reserves those rights. 

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I am trying to view my recordings that I set ahead of time. I am out of the country, and it's giving me an error when I am trying to watch my pre-recorded videos. 

Official Employee

Sorry, you can’t. They would have to have been downloaded to your device beforehand.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation