Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Out of Home message while trying to use Xfinity TV App. Techs can't figure it out

Frequent Visitor

Out of Home message while trying to use Xfinity TV App. Techs can't figure it out

A few days ago all of our devices  (Ipads, iphones, computer) quit working with the Xfinity TV app while we are at home connected to our home network. We did not have any hardware, software, or any other changes. Spend over an hour on the phone with 2 different reps and could not solve it. We just get a message saying we are out of our home network. (which we clearly aren't)

I found this Xfinity troubleshooting tip related to this issue:

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/xfinity-tv-app-unable-to-connect/ 

It said to make sure the serial number/mac address of the cable modem match what it shows in your Comcast account. The serial # for my modem is wrong in my account, but Comcast said they are unable to change it to match what is on the back of the modem. I read the tech the part from the Xfinity help sheet where it says if the serial numbers don't match, contact Comcast to have it corrected???

Has anyone else had this issue? Do I need to trade my modem in to get the serial number corrected?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer

Service Expert

Re: Out of Home message while trying to use Xfinity TV App. Techs can't figure it out

Call Comcast and ask for technical support.  It sounds like you have a provsioning issue that should be fixed.  Tell them what your issue is.

If you get a new gateway, they will still have to provision it correctly.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation