Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,807,851

members

11

online now

1,953,714

discussions

Top

Orange Keys

Most Valued Poster

Orange Keys

I am subscribed to ALL premium channels. Prior to today, I was able to view them using Firefox but

not IE.  I know there is a problem with IE.

 

Today, I am getting on both IE and Firefox, the Orange key not only for all premium

channels, but also for TRU TV, TNT, TBS, Comedy central. I stopped there.

 

What is going on with your programming staff. They are probably causing this problem

trying to straighten out IE.

 

 

PS: Just so that you are aware, I cleared my cache and cookies, deleted my devices

      and still no luck.

 

      Also how do you register a device and the comcast access software, is it still needed?



Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Orange Keys


little_devil wrote:

I am subscribed to ALL premium channels. Prior to today, I was able to view them using Firefox but

not IE.  I know there is a problem with IE.

 

Today, I am getting on both IE and Firefox, the Orange key not only for all premium

channels, but also for TRU TV, TNT, TBS, Comedy central. I stopped there.

 

What is going on with your programming staff. They are probably causing this problem

trying to straighten out IE.

 

 

PS: Just so that you are aware, I cleared my cache and cookies, deleted my devices

      and still no luck.

 

      Also how do you register a device and the comcast access software, is it still needed?


You no longer need the Comcast Access sofware to watch videos online.

 

Have you tried using another log-in under your account? If so, were you still seeing orange keys?

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Most Valued Poster

Re: Orange Keys


ComcastJoe wrote:

little_devil wrote:

I am subscribed to ALL premium channels. Prior to today, I was able to view them using Firefox but

not IE.  I know there is a problem with IE.

 

Today, I am getting on both IE and Firefox, the Orange key not only for all premium

channels, but also for TRU TV, TNT, TBS, Comedy central. I stopped there.

 

What is going on with your programming staff. They are probably causing this problem

trying to straighten out IE.

 

 

PS: Just so that you are aware, I cleared my cache and cookies, deleted my devices

      and still no luck.

 

      Also how do you register a device and the comcast access software, is it still needed?


You no longer need the Comcast Access sofware to watch videos online.

 

Have you tried using another log-in under your account? If so, were you still seeing orange keys?

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

Just tried four different login's, same problem with orange key on all of them


 



Official Employee

Re: Orange Keys

I have our team looking into this right now. I will update you when I learn more.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Most Valued Poster

Re: Orange Keys

The orange keys have disappeared.

 

Firefox .... everything plays the way it should

 

IE ....... the only videos that will play are from ABC, CBS and NBC. All other error 6002

 

 

MY Devices .... Says now that I have registered devices. That I have used 3 of 3 computers.

                         I only have one computer. Could this be a problem?



Official Employee

Re: Orange Keys


little_devil wrote:

The orange keys have disappeared.

 

Firefox .... everything plays the way it should

 

IE ....... the only videos that will play are from ABC, CBS and NBC. All other error 6002

 

 

MY Devices .... Says now that I have registered devices. That I have used 3 of 3 computers.

                         I only have one computer. Could this be a problem?


As you have found out, your orange key issue has been resolved.

 

The devices page should not be an issue.

 

If you have any further issues, please create a new thread and include a link to this thread if it is related. We like to close threads like this because it is much easier for us to troubleshoot these types of issues one-on-one with customers.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 746 views
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation