Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Orange Key Q for Admin Joe

Regular Visitor

Orange Key Q for Admin Joe

Ok Joe (or anyone who can help) - I know you've been getting a ton of questions about this, and when you offered the temporary solution quite some time ago of clearing the cache and cookies it was very helpful. Well that no longer holds up, the problem is getting worse. Is there an actual solution being worked on?

Here is the breakdown of my experience watching premium cable on the internet (it goes without saying that I subscribe to these channels correct?)

1. Open Firefox

2. Login to xfinity

3. Select the showtime or hbo program I want to watch

4. Watch one episode

5. If I want to watch another premium program I must go through a drawn out process of clearing caches and cookies, logging in and out, and closing and opening the brower, then finally switching to Safari (which I shouldn't have to do every time I want to watch more than one episode of premium cable)

I am on a Mac

I am using Firefox 10.0.1 (but was having issues before I installed the update)

I get the same issue when I watch more than one episode on Safari

It always shows the key after I have watched at least one episode

I running the most recent version of MSFT Silverlight

I clear the cache and cookies and it used to work, but no longer has any effect.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Orange Key Q for Admin Joe

S_86_K wrote:

Ok Joe (or anyone who can help) - I know you've been getting a ton of questions about this, and when you offered the temporary solution quite some time ago of clearing the cache and cookies it was very helpful. Well that no longer holds up, the problem is getting worse. Is there an actual solution being worked on?

Here is the breakdown of my experience watching premium cable on the internet (it goes without saying that I subscribe to these channels correct?)

1. Open Firefox

2. Login to xfinity

3. Select the showtime or hbo program I want to watch

4. Watch one episode

5. If I want to watch another premium program I must go through a drawn out process of clearing caches and cookies, logging in and out, and closing and opening the brower, then finally switching to Safari (which I shouldn't have to do every time I want to watch more than one episode of premium cable)

I am on a Mac

I am using Firefox 10.0.1 (but was having issues before I installed the update)

I get the same issue when I watch more than one episode on Safari

It always shows the key after I have watched at least one episode

I running the most recent version of MSFT Silverlight

I clear the cache and cookies and it used to work, but no longer has any effect.

Are you still seeing this issue?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

Re: Orange Key Q for Admin Joe

I've noticed it seems to be hit and miss. So to answer your qustion, yes. However, there are times I can watch with no orange key issue at all. The keys do appear more often than not though.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation