Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Only playing downloaded content for 1 day offline

New Poster

Only playing downloaded content for 1 day offline

Since I upgraded to IOS7 on my IPAD I can only play downloaded content offline for 1 day. Was this a intentional change from 14 days or is there something wrong with my app? I uninstalled and re-installed the app. The current version is 1.4.1.201 which seems to be the latest. Any help would be appreciated.

New Poster

Re: Only playing downloaded content for 1 day offline

Update from Comcast is that this was an intentional change and that content can only be viewed offline for 1 day from now on instead of 14. What was a good app is now useless for those of us that have wifi only Ipads.

"Alyssa: I am now checking on the team, and have confirmed that the length of the availability of watching the videos has changed.

Alyssa: Since the videos can be downloaded for free, the network providers can only allow the videos to be viewed for a max of one day.

Josh: Wow. OK. That basically makes the app worthless since I only have wifi on my ipad. I guess it's time to switch to Direct TV

Alyssa: I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you, Josh.

Josh: "How long can I access my downloaded movies and shows on my device? You can access your downloaded programs as long as the title is still offered by the network AND you have launched the XFINITY TV Go app within 14 days. "

Alyssa: For this, you will need to watch the shows you have downloaded with in 24 hours, Josh.

Josh: Directly from the comcast website

Alyssa: Yes, the information on the website still needs to be updated.

Alyssa: We are fixing that now."

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation