members

online now

discussions

Online "Series Priority" missing.

SOLVED
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1 of 14

Why would the "New Improved Upgrade" eliminate online access to "Series Priority"? Nothing improved about that. Now you have to sit at home in front of your TV with your remote and if you can read the fine print you will only be able to find it there. You will no longer be able to view all your hundreds of scheduled programs to record, rearrange the priority, or remove programs you no longer want to record easily online. You have to spend hours jumping back and forth bewteen multiple screens that open in front of the TV with the remote and start over each time you make a change because it never takes you back to the previous screen to continue working on it. I spent hours trying to find this on my own on the new and improved upgraded website. So I called customer support and got someone I could barely understand who clearly had no idea what the heck I was talking. Spent several hours having to allow that person to go through all the same steps I already told her I had tried. When she finally gave up trying, the problem was elevated to their next level and I was suppose to get a call back from her or someone else later in the evening. Yep, that's right, no return call! If anyone has found where the "Series Priority" online is could you please advise us all where to find it? 

Attached, I hope, are some pics of the laptop and TV screen images. On the TV pics from Menu to Saved to Scheduled you will see "Series Priority". But when you arrow down to it, it jumps right by it. You can only access it by arrowing back up again. Why? What you then get is a screen that will let you change the priority up or down and confirm the change but not remove it. To remove it you have to Select it, go to Info, then to Cancel to remove it.

On the laptop pic (Which you can access from: www.tv.xfinity.com/scheduled) Go to Saved and the down arrow. Select Scheduled. Now what you only get online is about a month's worth of only the shows that are scheduled for each day and not the whole list of your scheduled sceduled shows by proirity like you used to be able to do. You can page down to the following month but it still only shows those programs scheduled for each day which you can delete from there. Before you could access the series priority list and remove them bam bam bam without a ton of other moves. Like I said, there is nothing improved about this upgrade when it comes to ease of use. So again if anyone knows how to find the Series Priority List and old features on the new site, please tell us all.

0116171229.jpg
0116171229a.jpg
0116171230.jpg
0116171232.jpg
13 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 14

harleyhogrider wrote:

Why would the "New Improved Upgrade" eliminate online access to "Series Priority"? Nothing improved about that. Now you have to sit at home in front of your TV with your remote and if you can read the fine print you will only be able to find it there. You will no longer be able to view all your hundreds of scheduled programs to record, rearrange the priority, or remove programs you no longer want to record easily online. You have to spend hours jumping back and forth bewteen multiple screens that open in front of the TV with the remote and start over each time you make a change because it never takes you back to the previous screen to continue working on it. I spent hours trying to find this on my own on the new and improved upgraded website. So I called customer support and got someone I could barely understand who clearly had no idea what the heck I was talking. Spent several hours having to allow that person to go through all the same steps I already told her I had tried. When she finally gave up trying, the problem was elevated to their next level and I was suppose to get a call back from her or someone else later in the evening. Yep, that's right, no return call! If anyone has found where the "Series Priority" online is could you please advise us all where to find it? 

Attached, I hope, are some pics of the laptop and TV screen images. On the TV pics from Menu to Saved to Scheduled you will see "Series Priority". But when you arrow down to it, it jumps right by it. You can only access it by arrowing back up again. Why? What you then get is a screen that will let you change the priority up or down and confirm the change but not remove it. To remove it you have to Select it, go to Info, then to Cancel to remove it.

On the laptop pic (Which you can access from: www.tv.xfinity.com/scheduled) Go to Saved and the down arrow. Select Scheduled. Now what you only get online is about a month's worth of only the shows that are scheduled for each day and not the whole list of your scheduled sceduled shows by proirity like you used to be able to do. You can page down to the following month but it still only shows those programs scheduled for each day which you can delete from there. Before you could access the series priority list and remove them bam bam bam without a ton of other moves. Like I said, there is nothing improved about this upgrade when it comes to ease of use. So again if anyone knows how to find the Series Priority List and old features on the new site, please tell us all.

Thank you for your feedback - it helps make the products better and we truly appreciate it. 

As you pointed out, there isn't yet a Series Priority manager on the XFINITY TV portal (https://tv.xfinity.com) but one is being discussed for the future (likely X1 customers only). We currently get more feedback about the ability to add and filter by Favorite Channels and collect shows into a "Watchlist" so those will come first. There is, however, a Series Priority manager on the iOS version of the XFINITY TV Remote app (if that's useful for you).

Here's an important tip I wish the customer service agent had been able to deliver - from the X1 TV's Series Priority Manager, you can hit the "D" shortcut button on the remote control which will then delete right from there without bouncing between screens. This "D" button works similarly in many parts of the interface such as within "Recordings", "Scheduled" and etc..  

The reason that you need to scroll back up on your X1 TV's menu to get to the "Series Priority" option is because it is a submenu within the "Scheduled" section. This is a design pattern used commonly on X1 (usually for the filters within On Demand). It does make these features a bit harder to discover but reduced the clutter of having so many menus and filters exposed at the top level of the interface.

You can learn more about the features of the X1's remote control here: 

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-get-to-know-the-xr2-and-xr5-remote/

And here (depending on which remote you have): 

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/get-to-know-xr11-remote/

Hope this helps and thank you for your honest feedback.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 3 of 14

Thanks Dan for the heads up on the "D" button. I will check that out. I honestly do not think the agent would have known anything about the "D"button. I hate having to call customer service as my experience with that part of Xfinity/Comcast has always been the same. Very frustrating. I am an X-1 customer and like it.

Here is another tip I would offer and that is there should be a way to save online all your scheduled programs and their priority so that when your DVR crashes and you need to get another one you don't lose all that programming work and have to start all over with programming the new DVR. I have had to do that! The new DVR should sync with the website like an email address book does. And ofcourse if you haven't got a list saved of what all those programs were so you can go back and tediously search for them you are pretty much hosed. Had that happen too! And if the new season is not out you won't even find it with the search feature until about 2 weeks before it broadcasts again. When the Series Priority was available online, after all that happened to me, I printed out that online Series Priority every so often so I would at least know what to program if it ever happened again. But now I can't even do that. So I am hoping I won't need a new DVR until that feature at least returns. I hope they don't talk about it for too long before they do something about it. I apologize for grumbling so much. It's just that I am no programmer or computer genious, and I have a hard time understanding why those who are, could eliminate something that was at least more useful than what they were going to change it to even if it wasn't perfect. I always thought it made more sense to tweak things that were working to make them better and incorporate those things into any new product changes.

I will check out those links you provided on the remote. I have the one you can talk to. That's pretty handy. Just wish I could program it to also operate my home theater system and other devices. But I guess that is why I bought an all in one Harmony One remote. But even their engineers made their latest version less user friendly! Especially for blind people who might want to use it for their auditory sound system. You can't do it by feel anymore, only by looking at a touch screen. But their I go digressing again. Sorry! LOL! 

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 4 of 14
Solution

harleyhogrider wrote:

Thanks Dan for the heads up on the "D" button. I will check that out. I honestly do not think the agent would have known anything about the "D"button. I hate having to call customer service as my experience with that part of Xfinity/Comcast has always been the same. Very frustrating. I am an X-1 customer and like it.

Here is another tip I would offer and that is there should be a way to save online all your scheduled programs and their priority so that when your DVR crashes and you need to get another one you don't lose all that programming work and have to start all over with programming the new DVR. I have had to do that! The new DVR should sync with the website like an email address book does. And ofcourse if you haven't got a list saved of what all those programs were so you can go back and tediously search for them you are pretty much hosed. Had that happen too! And if the new season is not out you won't even find it with the search feature until about 2 weeks before it broadcasts again. When the Series Priority was available online, after all that happened to me, I printed out that online Series Priority every so often so I would at least know what to program if it ever happened again. But now I can't even do that. So I am hoping I won't need a new DVR until that feature at least returns. I hope they don't talk about it for too long before they do something about it. I apologize for grumbling so much. It's just that I am no programmer or computer genious, and I have a hard time understanding why those who are, could eliminate something that was at least more useful than what they were going to change it to even if it wasn't perfect. I always thought it made more sense to tweak things that were working to make them better and incorporate those things into any new product changes.

I will check out those links you provided on the remote. I have the one you can talk to. That's pretty handy. Just wish I could program it to also operate my home theater system and other devices. But I guess that is why I bought an all in one Harmony One remote. But even their engineers made their latest version less user friendly! Especially for blind people who might want to use it for their auditory sound system. You can't do it by feel anymore, only by looking at a touch screen. But their I go digressing again. Sorry! LOL! 

I have some good news for your on your concerns about having to replace your DVR. With X1, all recording schedules are synchronized with a centeral service we (creatively) call "The Scheduler" which lives "in the Cloud" (i.e. on our servers). The same thing happens with the actual recordings which are stored locally on your physical DVR and separately in the Cloud DVR.

What all this means is that if you have to replace your X1 DVR because of faulty equipment or even moving to a new location, the schedule will re-synchronize with what is stored in "The Scheduler" and the older recordings that used to play back from the physical DVR will play back from the Cloud DVR (if missing on the physical DVR). Summary: you may not even notice that you have a new DVR! This is only possible with X1, not our older equipment. 

Final few tips: the X1 remote control can control audio levels for home theater systems but not all their bells & whistles. If you or a family member is blind or low vision, you can hit the "A" shortcut key twice to bring up our talking guide on X1. The new XFINITY TV website is also accessible. We're very proud of the work we do in this area which goes unnoticed by most customers but it absolutely critical for those who benefit from these features.

Here's a lovely commercial that shows more:

http://www.xfinity.com/emilys-oz

Cheers,

ComcastDan

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 5 of 14
That's awesome news Dan! Thanks for that info. Been fun chatting with you. We may have to do this again one day! LOL!
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 6 of 14
That's awesome news Dan! Thanks for that info. Been fun chatting with you. We may have to do this again one day! LOL!
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 7 of 14

So, if you are an android only user, there is no longer a way to access a Series Priority manager? There is nothing on a desktop website?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 8 of 14
"There is, however, a Series Priority manager on the iOS version of the XFINITY TV Remote app (if that's useful for you)." Comcast Dan posted this previously.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 9 of 14

Hey Comcast Dan,  I told you we would have to do this again sometime! So here I am trying to get help with an email that wants me to rate "your" solution to my problem. Which I believe was the solution to some extent. So I try to go to the site where I am suppose to give you all the gold stars I have and, twala, there is no where to do that, that is extremely obvious for a non geek like me. For instance, I'm thinking I need to scroll to the bottom and click on the last response that says you are satisfied with the solution. And of course, I'm thinking of our conversation back and forth and not each individual responses. So, can you see how confusing that can become when I am asked if I am satisfied with this solution? Uh Yea... Confusing! Well it turns out the last response was my comment thanking you and has nothing to do with the solution or who gave it to me. And of course I seem to have been locked out of editing anything. So bottom line is, you may never see all the thousands of gold stars I or anyone else has given you. Isn't life great! LOL!

Check it out: 

Topic: Online "Series Priority" missing.
Date: 01-16-2017 04:13 PM

Did it solve your problem?

Click here to view the reply and mark one as an Accepted Solution.

This helps others find helpful answers in the community too!

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 10 of 14

harleyhogrider wrote:

Hey Comcast Dan,  I told you we would have to do this again sometime! So here I am trying to get help with an email that wants me to rate "your" solution to my problem. Which I believe was the solution to some extent. So I try to go to the site where I am suppose to give you all the gold stars I have and, twala, there is no where to do that, that is extremely obvious for a non geek like me. For instance, I'm thinking I need to scroll to the bottom and click on the last response that says you are satisfied with the solution. And of course, I'm thinking of our conversation back and forth and not each individual responses. So, can you see how confusing that can become when I am asked if I am satisfied with this solution? Uh Yea... Confusing! Well it turns out the last response was my comment thanking you and has nothing to do with the solution or who gave it to me. And of course I seem to have been locked out of editing anything. So bottom line is, you may never see all the thousands of gold stars I or anyone else has given you. Isn't life great! LOL!

Check it out: 

Topic: Online "Series Priority" missing.
Date: 01-16-2017 04:13 PM

Did it solve your problem?

Click here to view the reply and mark one as an Accepted Solution.

This helps others find helpful answers in the community too!

Hi Harleyhogrider,

Good to hear from you again! I'm just happy to be helpful here and not concerned about gold stars. There's no need to mark the final response as the solution - you can mark any response as the solution (but not multiple responses). Most forum users select the most substantive response. I updated the "solution" to make it a bit easier for others to find.

Cheers and thanks for the vote of confidence.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 11 of 14

So it's very unclear STILL as to the main issues:

1) How does one access Series Priority via the web on a computer? 

2) If it's not possible, where do I go and vote for that feature to be put back in?

3) When you have to replace an X1 DVR, are my schedules for recording synced via the cloud or do I have to reprogram them all? If so, yikes that awful design.

4) If I actually have to reprogram the dozens of shows, how can I print out a list of all of them with their dates/times, etc. so I don't have to try and remember them? If so, triple yikes X3.

5) FYI - I do 90% of my watching with a computer as I travel almost constantly, so going to my TV to do these things is just not possible.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 12 of 14

Yes that is correct from what "Comcast Dan" said earlier on this post. You can't access the Series Priority Manager yet on your computer, laptop, tablet, or cell phone. But as he says below they are working on it.

"....there isn't yet a Series Priority manager on the XFINITY TV portal (https://tv.xfinity.com) but one is being discussed for the future (likely X1 customers only). We currently get more feedback about the ability to add and filter by Favorite Channels and collect shows into a "Watchlist" so those will come first. There is, however, a Series Priority manager on the iOS version of the XFINITY TV Remote app (if that's useful for you)."

Posted by
Visitor

Message 13 of 14

I have the remote app on my iphone (i

ComcastDan wrote:

harleyhogrider wrote:

Thank you for your feedback - it helps make the products better and we truly appreciate it. 

As you pointed out, there isn't yet a Series Priority manager on the XFINITY TV portal (https://tv.xfinity.com) but one is being discussed for the future (likely X1 customers only). We currently get more feedback about the ability to add and filter by Favorite Channels and collect shows into a "Watchlist" so those will come first. There is, however, a Series Priority manager on the iOS version of the XFINITY TV Remote app (if that's useful for you).

Here's an important tip I wish the customer service agent had been able to deliver - from the X1 TV's Series Priority Manager, you can hit the "D" shortcut button on the remote control which will then delete right from there without bouncing between screens. This "D" button works similarly in many parts of the interface such as within "Recordings", "Scheduled" and etc..  

The reason that you need to scroll back up on your X1 TV's menu to get to the "Series Priority" option is because it is a submenu within the "Scheduled" section. This is a design pattern used commonly on X1 (usually for the filters within On Demand). It does make these features a bit harder to discover but reduced the clutter of having so many menus and filters exposed at the top level of the interface.

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-get-to-know-the-xr2-and-xr5-remote/

-ComcastDan

OS right?), but there is no series priority manager there!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 14 of 14

tharrington wrote:

I have the remote app on my iphone (i

ComcastDan wrote:

harleyhogrider wrote:

-ComcastDan

OS right?), but there is no series priority manager there!

I have the remote app on my iphone (iOS right?), but there is no series priority manager there!