Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Online Videos Not Working on Laptop

New Poster

Online Videos Not Working on Laptop

For the last couple days, I have been unable to watch any videos on my laptop-- a Macbook Air (2014). The ads show but then the video is just a black screen. At the bottom you can see all the controls and I try clicking play but nothing happens and then eventually I will get an error message. The most recent one I am seeing is this:

Sorry, we’ve experienced some difficulty playing Parkland.

Please refresh this page in your browser to continue where you left off.

900|106000

Refresh

But when I click refresh, it does the same thing over and over again. HELP!!!!

Frequent Visitor

Re: Online Videos Not Working on Laptop

I'm also having this same problem.

New Poster

I am also having this issue.

New Poster

I am also having this problem, since yesterday. 

New Poster

Yes. I am having this exact same problem on my iMac (plays ads but not the show, Hah!), in Safari and Firefox. The iMac is updated with the all the latest updates as is Silverlight. Amazon Prime and Netflix are working fine.

Frequent Visitor

I was able to get videos to play.  I first started by playing a LIVE TV program - I used The Weather Channel - in a browser tab/window and while that way playing, I started the video I wanted in another tab.  Once the video started, I closed the LIVE TV tab.

I'm using Windows 7 and Firefox 38.0.1.  YMMV

My wild guess is that Comcast has some issues with its digital certificates.

I hope this helps.

New Poster

SAME EXACT PROBLEM.  Once, I played a few seconds of a movie and went back and tried and it worked.  That solution no longer works.  I can't stream anything.  But of course, the commercials work -- some of them.  The rest make me hit the space bar over and over and over and over to get through it only to find a black screen and no show playing.  It really sucks.

New Poster

Having the same exact problem. Recently updated Adobe Flash Player. Is that the problem? Xfinity chat techs had no idea. 

New Poster

Same issue... started slowly a few days ago with shows failing here and there throughout viewing and asking to refresh the page, then some shows would work while others wouldn't, and now nothing will play... except the commercials =/

New Poster

Yes same! Plays ads, no shows.