Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Online TV system more than stinks

Frequent Visitor

Online TV system more than stinks

I haven't used my Comcast TV via the Internet since the summer.   I think it worse than stinks that I can't watch TV stations online when I'm at my parents, babysitting, or on the road, etc. 

To make matters worse I have to open each TV show before I even know if it's going to allow me to view it when I'm "not home". 

I just want to complain to the powers to be. 

I pay my hard earned money to watch TV, and be able to watch in on my laptop when I'm in a home that doesn't have Internet ... but I want to watch it.

I pay $60 a year for TV stations that are local and free using an antenea.   I can't get Comcast to remove that fee, either. 

Just saying.

GEtting closer to cutting the cord in Poulsbo, WA

Official Employee

Re: Online TV system more than stinks

mariamarsala wrote:

I haven't used my Comcast TV via the Internet since the summer.   I think it worse than stinks that I can't watch TV stations online when I'm at my parents, babysitting, or on the road, etc. 

To make matters worse I have to open each TV show before I even know if it's going to allow me to view it when I'm "not home". 

I just want to complain to the powers to be. 

I pay my hard earned money to watch TV, and be able to watch in on my laptop when I'm in a home that doesn't have Internet ... but I want to watch it.

I pay $60 a year for TV stations that are local and free using an antenea.   I can't get Comcast to remove that fee, either. 

Just saying.

GEtting closer to cutting the cord in Poulsbo, WA

Hi,

Please select the "Available out of home" filter in the Live TV and On Demand sections of the website and apps. You will find that we have up to 200 live TV channels and thousands of On Demand programs which you can view from anywhere in the USA.

Rights to stream content outside the home are entirely separate from the in-home rights.  We are constantly working with programmers (who own the copyright to the content) to make these available to you - with a goal of 100% parity but still not there.

As for the fee to deliver local broadcast stations (OTA or "Over the air" stations), we pay billions in "retransmission" fees to make these available to you so your complaint is best placed with your local broadcasters. If you'd like to learn more about how retrans fees work please see here: http://www.multichannel.com/news/networks/kagan-retrans-fees-reach-116b-2022/406026

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation