New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Online TV shows FREEZING all the time!

New Poster

Online TV shows FREEZING all the time!

Windows vista, IE 8, Norton

Nothing else freezes like your xfinity episodes...have to let them load for a LONG time to enjoy your commercial filled HD episodes... ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contributor

Re: Online TV shows FREEZING all the time!

Windows 7 Home Firefox 5 & IE 9

I having issues with TV shows timing out when I click on them to play and asking me to log back in.  However, this is not for most shows, but notice mostly on TNT shows.

Frequent Visitor

Windows 7 pro, Tried all browsers.

Any video I try to play freezes multiple times, But while it's frozen, I can still hear the audio.

After a minute or so, The video unfreezes at the correct spot. My computer is more than enough to run a simple video stream. This should not be happening.

On top of the videos freezing, The ads get stuck in loops. The same ad will play 3-4 times during one ad break. It's simply rediculous, Xfinity Online has become terrible.

I may have to re-subscribe to Netflix....

Official Employee

Hi all,

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

My Device Information

My Zip Code:UnknownMy Cable Provider:UnknownUse Dac:trueMy Conroller ID:163My Map ID:93My Persona ID:5104My myDVR Manager Status:UnknownMy Set Top Box Names:UnknownMy Queue setup:falseFacebook Queue Syncing:falseFacebook Connect:falseMy public IP address:173.14.174.125My operating system:Windows - Windows NT 6.1My web browser:Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.3; .NET4.0C; BOIE9;ENUS)My system typeesktop computer or other deviceMy Silverlight version:5.1.10411.0My Flash version:11.7.700.224Javascript:enabled Cookies:Enabled (2267 Bytes).

Time Information

My Clock Time:Fri Jun 14 10:53:24 EDT 2013Server Clock Time:Fri Jun 14 10:54:25 EDT 2013

My Account Information

In Home Authenticated:falsePrimary Account:trueProvider Codes:s, cy, du, cd, cf, ar, dm, cq, df, cu, ee, u, cz, br, eh, bt, bw, bx, dw, by, bu, dv, at, bs, ax, ct, cs, cv, db, dr, bm, bl, bp, cw, dy, bo, k, dg, dn, j, dt, bn, bi, bj, bq, ce, dx, aw, dc, do, da, au, bv, ed, b, el, di, cx, dj, dq, de, ei, ds, h, ci, a, y, cp, cn, ea, cb, ch, eb, bz, co, eg, dp, dh, ccInternet Subscriber:trueCable TV Subscriber:trueVoice Subscriber:false

As far as the videos I am trying to watch. It happens on all of them not just specifically one video. The current URL im trying to watch is : http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/The-Hero/4882081984964718112/33299011988/Courage/videos    PLEASE HELP!!!

Contributor

if you all look through all the message forums, it's the same things over and over again...multiple topics started about the commercials playing over & over again AND the unresolved choppy video quality on xfinity. no other sites llike amazon, hulu,netflix etc..do my devices have so many issues.

and after months, there seems to be no hope of any issues improving.

New Poster

Happens if you try to watch a movie on demand on-line... Freezes every 20 seconds or so .. ran a network speed test to ensure it wasn't my network.  Happens on all browsers,

However, typical IT support will make you run around, giving them information to blame us instead of the fact that they have problems streaming.  Oh well... time to start watching stuff through Xbox.  Good luck to everyone else

New Poster

Yep, that's Comcast M.O.  It is NEVER them. I've run into that so many times it's become a joke. We do network hookups and have had more instances of Comcast doing some sort of "test" on their modem saying it is fine when it clearly is not transmitting out of the building. We generally tell the customer to just take the modem back and exchange it and wonder of wonders the problem goes away. Just because they can see the modem doesn't mean it works. They are using the same tactic here. All these users complaining about commercials freezing the show and they want you to send them your computer information as if that is going to matter. It's affecting too many people. It has to be something common to the streaming. But..... they will continue to place the blame on the user or his computer. I wouldn't count on a fix anytime soon.

New Poster

Somee one help me online tv freezes on all browsers and on win7, win xp,android.
New Poster

I'm having the same problem, and I have a very advanced system. Comcast has to do something about it. I too gort the "run-around" when I tried to speak with an IT rep. He told me he had never heard anyone having this complaint. They really need to address this problem before they start losing customers. Im not even going to ask for more help, its not worth the headache.

New Poster

My Device Information My Zip Code: 84094 My Cable Provider: Recommended by Comcast Use Dac: true My Conroller ID: 191 My Map ID: 1 My Persona ID: 6509 My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: Pumpkin Patch My Watchlist setup: false Facebook Watchlist Syncing: false Facebook Connect: false My public IP address: 50.160.15.221 My operating system: Windows - rv:32.0 My web browser: Firefox 32 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:32.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/32.0 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Silverlight version: 5.1.30514.0 My Flash version: 15.0.0 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (2255 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Thu Oct 23 2014 14:44:46 GMT-0600 (Mountain Standard Time) Server Clock Time: Thu Oct 23 2014 14:44:43 GMT-0600 (Mountain Standard Time)
My Account Information In Home Authenticated: false Primary Account: true Provider Codes: s, cy, du, fk, ep, eq, hc, dm, cq, dd, hb, eu, ey, ee, fm, u, gz, fc, eh, bt, ca, gi, ja, bw, jg, gf, bu, by, bs, at, em, bl, ix, gd, fo, bp, gw, gr, iy, k, dg, dt, bn, ha, bi, bj, ce, ez, dx, gk, fh, ef, fd, do, fy, is, au, ew, ed, b, dj, de, ei, h, fa, ci, a, fx, gq, cp, jf, cw, ge, ea, cb, e, eb, bz, jj, co, gh, dp, jc, gg, gl, dh, f, m, en, gp, fi, cd, cf, fb, ar, cg, df, cu, ia, cz, cr, br, fe, n, ex, ga, fw, fz, o, bx, dw, bb, bc, fn, ff, jm, dv, fs, ct, cs, et, cv, gv, fr, db, dr, bm, jb, gm, bk, er, fv, dy, cj, bo, dn, ft, bq, g, jk, aw, je, dc, jl, jn, da, im, iz, fq, fl, gs, bv, el, di, fu, cx, dq, fg, cm, fp, ds, eo, gx, d, y, es, gj, ev, ht, gc, fj, cn, ch, gb, eg, cc, ji Internet Subscriber: true Cable TV Subscriber: true Voice Subscriber: false
New Poster

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown Use Dac: True My Conroller ID: 41 My Map ID: 8 My Persona ID: 4960 My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Watchlist setup: False Facebook Watchlist Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 74.254.146.101 My operating system: Mac - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 38 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_10_0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/38.0.2125.111 Safari/537.36 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Silverlight version: 5.1.20513.0 My Flash version: 15.0.0 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled (3033 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Sun Nov 02 2014 19:16:33 GMT-0600 (CST) Server Clock Time: Sun Nov 02 2014 19:16:34 GMT-0600 (CST)

My Account Information In Home Authenticated: False Primary Account: True Provider Codes: S, Gt, Du, Fk, Ep, Eq, Hc, Dm, Cq, Hb, Eu, Ey, Ee, Fm, U, Gz, Fc, Eh, Bt, Gi, Ja, Bw, Jg, Gf, Bu, By, Bs, At, Em, Bl, Gd, Fo, Bp, Gw, Gr, Iy, K, Dg, Dt, Bn, Ha, Bi, Bj, Ce, Ez, Dx, Gk, Fh, Ef, Fd, Do, Fy, Is, Au, Ew, Ed, B, Go, Dj, De, H, Fa, Ci, A, Fx, Gq, Cp, Jf, Cw, Ge, Ea, Cb, E, Eb, Bz, Jj, Co, Ir, Gh, Gn, Dp, Jc, Gg, Gl, Dh, F, M, En, Gp, Fi, Cd, Cf, Fb, Ar, Cg, Df, Cu, Ek, Cr, C, Br, Fe, N, Ex, Ga, Fw, Fz, O, Bx, Bb, Bc, Fn, Ff, Jm, Dv, Fs, Ct, Cs, Et, Cv, Gv, Fr, Db, Dr, Bm, Jb, Gm, Bk, Er, Fv, Dy, Cj, Bo, Dn, Ft, Bq, G, Jk, Aw, Je, Dc, Dl, Jl, Jn, Im, Iz, Fq, Fl, Gs, Bv, El, Di, Fu, Cx, Dk, Dq, Fg, Cm, Fp, Ds, Eo, Gx, D, Y, Es, Gj, Ev, Gc, Fj, Cn, Ch, Gb, Eg, Cc, Ji Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True
New Poster

My Device Information My Zip Code: 61373 My Cable Provider: Comcast Peru Digital Use Dac: false My Conroller ID: 148 My Map ID: 62 My Persona ID: 7149 My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Watchlist setup: false Facebook Watchlist Syncing: false Facebook Connect: false My public IP address: 98.213.18.67 My operating system: Windows - Trident/7.0 My web browser: Mozilla 11 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.4; WOW64; Trident/7.0; .NET4.0E; .NET4.0C; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; rv:11.0) like Gecko My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Silverlight version: Unknown My Flash version: 15.0.0 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (1655 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Sun Nov 02 2014 20:16:37 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time) Server Clock Time: Sun Nov 02 2014 20:16:35 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)

My Account Information In Home Authenticated: true Primary Account: true Provider Codes: s, gt, cy, du, fk, ep, eq, hc, dm, cq, dd, hb, eu, ey, ee, fm, u, gz, fc, eh, bt, gi, ja, bw, jg, gf, bu, by, bs, at, em, bl, ix, gd, fo, bp, gw, gr, iy, k, dg, dt, bn, ha, bi, bj, ce, ez, dx, gk, fh, ef, fd, do, fy, jo, is, au, ew, ed, b, go, dj, de, h, fa, ci, a, fx, gq, cp, jf, cw, ge, ea, cb, e, eb, bz, jj, co, ir, gh, gn, dp, jc, gg, gl, dh, f, m, en, fi, cd, cf, fb, ar, cg, df, cu, ia, cz, cr, c, br, fe, n, ex, ga, fw, fz, o, bx, dw, bb, bc, fn, ff, jm, dv, fs, ct, cs, et, cv, gv, fr, db, dr, bm, jb, gm, bk, er, fv, dy, cj, bo, dn, ft, bq, g, jk, aw, je, dc, dl, jl, jn, da, im, iz, fq, fl, gs, bv, el, di, fu, cx, dk, dq, fg, cm, fp, ds, eo, gx, d, y, es, gj, ev, ht, gc, fj, cn, ch, gb, eg, cc, ji Internet Subscriber: true Cable TV Subscriber: true Voice Subscriber: true
Frequent Visitor

Has anyone received any useful information on this problem?  Is it a known issue?  

Running Windows 8.1, tried using both wired and wireless connections, all browsers.  Live TV freezes for about 5-10 seconds every couple of minutes.  It seems to be getting worse over time.

Are there any troubleshooting steps we can do to see what the cause of the freezes are?  Any logs we can run?  All other streaming services work completely fine.

New Poster

Any show or film that I watch is glitchy and it freezes.

My Device Information My Zip Code: 94402 My Cable Provider: Recommended By Comcast Use Dac: True My Conroller ID: 172 My Map ID: 299 My Persona ID: 28509 My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Watchlist setup: False Facebook Watchlist Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 50.174.236.23 My operating system: Windows - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 40 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/40.0.2214.111 Safari/537.36 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Silverlight version: Unknown My Flash version: 16.0.0 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled (1421 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Tue Feb 17 2015 16:41:05 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time) Server Clock Time: Tue Feb 17 2015 16:41:05 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

My Account Information In Home Authenticated: True Primary Account: True Provider Codes: S, Jt, Cy, Du, Fk, Ep, Eq, Hc, Dm, Hr, Cq, Dd, Hb, Eu, Ey, Ee, Fm, U, Gz, Fc, Eh, Bt, Ca, Gi, Ja, Bw, Jg, Gf, Bu, By, Bs, At, Em, Bl, Ix, Gd, Fo, Bp, Gw, Gr, Iy, K, Dg, Dt, Bn, Ha, Bi, Bj, Ce, It, Ez, Dx, Gk, Fh, Ef, Fd, Do, Fy, Jo, Ju, Is, Au, Ew, Ed, B, Go, Dj, De, Ei, H, Fa, Ci, A, Fx, Gq, Cp, Jf, Cw, Ge, Ea, Cb, E, Eb, Bz, Jj, Co, Jr, Gh, Gn, Dp, Jc, Gg, Gl, Dh, F, M, En, Gp, Fi, Cd, Cf, Fb, Ar, Cg, Df, Cu, Ir, Ia, Jq, Cz, Cr, Br, Fe, N, Ex, Jv, Ga, Fw, Fz, O, Bx, Bb, Bc, Fn, Ff, Jm, Dv, Fs, Ct, Cs, Et, Cv, Gv, Fr, Db, Dr, Bm, Jb, Gm, Bk, Er, Fv, Dy, Bo, Dn, Ft, Bq, G, Jk, Aw, Je, Dc, Jl, Jw, Jn, Da, Im, Iz, Fq, Fl, Gs, Bv, El, Di, Fu, Cx, Dk, Dq, Fg, Cm, Fp, Ds, Eo, Gx, D, Ej, Y, Es, Gj, Ev, Ht, Gc, Fj, Cn, Ch, Gb, Hs, Eg, Cc, Ji Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False
Frequent Visitor

haha... yeah don't expect any type of support from these Comcast clowns.  They could give a flying f*#k about their customers, hence 98% of issues brought up here are not even responded to.

New Poster

why is everyone putting their personal computer info up on a public blog.  This is hacker 101.  No No No ..... Stop!  If the people behind the phone won't help, call the Philly office and complain.  For some reason in my experience that helps in some cases.  But stop putting your personal computer info that has all your personal ID attached.  

Problem Solver

ComcastJoe wrote:

Hi all,

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Hey ComcastJoe,

It looks like a lot of people did what you asked and NO REPLY FROM YOU....WHY ?

New Poster

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown Use Dac: True My Conroller ID: 173 My Map ID: 258 My Persona ID: 6726 My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Watchlist setup: False Facebook Watchlist Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 73.170.162.94 My operating system: Mac - Undefined My web browser: Safari 8 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_10_2) AppleWebKit/600.4.10 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Version/8.0.4 Safari/600.4.10 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Silverlight version: Unknown My Flash version: 17.0.0 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled (1651 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Tue Apr 21 2015 20:33:42 GMT-0700 (PDT) Server Clock Time: Tue Apr 21 2015 20:33:40 GMT-0700 (PDT)

My Account Information In Home Authenticated: False Primary Account: False Provider Codes: S, Jt, Cy, Du, Fk, Ep, Eq, Hc, Dm, Hr, Cq, Hb, Eu, Ey, Ee, Fm, U, Gz, Fc, Eh, Bt, Gi, Ja, Bw, Gf, Bu, By, Bs, At, Em, Bl, Ix, Gd, Fo, Bp, Gw, Gr, Iy, K, Dg, Dt, Bn, Ha, Bi, Bj, Ce, It, Ez, Dx, Gk, Fh, Fd, Do, Fy, Jo, Ju, Is, Au, Ew, Ed, B, Go, Dj, De, Ei, H, Fa, Ci, A, Fx, Gq, Cp, Jf, Cw, Ge, Ea, Cb, Eb, Bz, Jj, Co, Jr, Gh, Gn, Dp, Jc, Gg, Gl, Dh, En, Gp, Fi, Cd, Cf, Fb, Ar, Cg, Df, Cu, Ir, Ia, Jq, C, Br, Fe, N, Ex, Jv, Ga, Fw, Fz, O, Bx, Fn, Ff, Jm, Dv, Fs, Ct, Cs, Et, Cv, Gv, Fr, Db, Dr, Bm, Jb, Gm, Bk, Er, Fv, Dy, Bo, Dn, Ft, Jh, El, Bq, Jk, Aw, Je, Dc, Jl, Jw, Jn, Da, Im, Iz, Fq, Fl, Gs, Bv, Di, Fu, Cx, Dq, Fg, Cm, Fp, Ds, Eo, Gx, Y, Es, Gj, Ev, Ht, Gc, Fj, Cn, Ch, Gb, Hs, Eg, Cc, Ji Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True
Official Employee

I am sorry for the delayed response.

A lot of back end technologies have changed since this thread started 4 years ago.

If you are still having playback issues, can you please post:

1) The asset(s) that are causing this issue. I need specific live streams or shows & episode names so I can check the health of the assets. 

2) What is the experience? How often is it freezing/buffering?

Thanks,

Joe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

My online tv is freezing every 30 seconds. Attached is my information

My Device Information

My Zip Code:UnknownMy Cable Provider:UnknownUse Dac:TrueMy Conroller ID:131My Map ID:87My Persona ID:5759My myDVR Manager Status:UnknownMy Set Top Box Names:UnknownMy Watchlist setup:FalseFacebook Watchlist Syncing:FalseFacebook Connect:FalseMy public IP address:24.0.148.25My operating system:Mac - UndefinedMy web browser:Safari 8 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_10_3) AppleWebKit/600.5.17 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Version/8.0.5 Safari/600.5.17My system typeesktop Computer Or Other DeviceMy Silverlight version:UnknownMy Flash version:17.0.0Javascript:Enabled Cookies:Enabled (2059 Bytes).
Time Information

My Clock Time:Wed Apr 22 2015 13:18:02 GMT-0400 (EDT)Server Clock Time:Wed Apr 22 2015 13:18:02 GMT-0400 (EDT)
My Account Information

In Home Authenticated:TruePrimary Account:TrueProvider Codes:S, Jt, Du, Cy, Fk, Ep, Eq, Hc, Dm, Cq, Hb, Eu, Ey, Ee, Fm, U, Gz, Fc, Eh, Bt, Gi, Ja, Bw, Gf, Bu, By, Bs, At, Em, Bl, Ix, Gd, Fo, Bp, Gw, Gr, Iy, K, Dg, Dt, Bn, Ha, Bi, Bj, Ce, It, Ez, Dx, Gk, Fh, Fd, Do, Fy, Jo, Ju, Is, Au, Ew, Ed, B, Dj, De, Ei, H, Fa, Ci, A, Fx, Gq, Cp, Jf, Cw, Ge, Ea, Cb, Eb, Bz, Jj, Co, Jr, Gh, Jc, Gn, Dp, Gg, Gl, Dh, F, M, En, Gp, Fi, Cd, Cf, Fb, Ar, Cg, Df, Cu, Ir, Jq, C, Br, Fe, N, Ex, Jv, Ga, Fw, Fz, O, Bx, Dw, Bb, Bc, Fn, Ff, Jm, Dv, Fs, Ct, Cs, Et, Cv, Gv, Fr, Db, Dr, Bm, Jb, Gm, Er, Fv, Dy, Cj, Bo, Dn, Ft, El, Bq, Jk, Aw, Je, Dc, Jl, Jw, Jn, Da, Im, Iz, Fq, Fl, Gs, Bv, Di, Fu, Cx, Dq, Fg, Fp, Ds, Eo, Gx, D, Y, Es, Gj, Ev, Ht, Gc, Fj, Cn, Ch, Gb, Eg, Cc, JiInternet Subscriber:TrueCable TV Subscriber:TrueVoice Subscriber:True

New Poster

I am also watching CNBC when it freezes

Regular Contributor

The xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch-live-tv "LIVE TV [NEW]" Streaming Now Online tab content is freezing, lagging, not buffering, not playing, and then after a few minutes of that bugging they get a black error video screen:
Sorry, we’ve experienced some difficulty playing *EVERYTHING*.
Please refresh this page in your browser to continue where you left off.
900|101000.10100X.10100X
Refresh

Here are related network section results:

Network: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/live/network/theweatherchannel?cmpid=livetv_the-weather-channel
Error Code: 900|101000.101002.101005

Network: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/live/network/foxnews?cmpid=livetv_fox-news
Error Code: 900|101000.101004.101005

Network: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/live/network/cnn?cmpid=livetv_cnn

Network: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/live/network/hln?cmpid=livetv_hln

Network: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/live/network/msnbc?cmpid=livetv_msnbc

Network: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/live/network/fx?cmpid=livetv_fx

Network: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/live/network/tnt?cmpid=livetv_tnt
Error Code: 900|101000.101004.101005

Network: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/live/network/hbo?cmpid=livetv_hbo

Network: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/live/network/starz?cmpid=livetv_starz

Network: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/live/network/showtime?cmpid=livetv_showtime

Those error codes mean something, what do they reference, what causes them to be triggered between the two?

My Device Information:
My operating system: Windows - rv:37.0 (Windows 8.1 Pro x64)
My web browser: Firefox 37 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:37.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/37.0 (Firefox 37.0.1)
My system type: *Desktop computer*
My Silverlight version: None (Not Installed)
My Flash version: 17.0.0 (Adobe Flash Player v17.0.0.169)
Javascript; enabled (Java Version 8 Update 45 x32 & x64)
Cookies: Enabled (1583 Bytes).

I even tested changing the brower's video player right-click Adobe Flash Player Settings of Local Storage 10MB to Unlimited and Display with & without Enable hardware acceleration, still the same bugged error results.

This LIVE TV network content used to play great for me just a little while ago... The only things that changed for me since would be newer versions of Firefox, Adobe Flash Player, and Java. So it must be one of or a combination of those programs or it's you, Comcast, with like a change to the buffering system or network server bandwith.

The LIVE TV content is an important Xfinity subscription feature for me.

Please try to address and resolve this matter, thank you.

Problem Solver

Hi JamesJJK,

I can confirm I am seeing exactly what you are seeing. I am using Windows 8.1 (not Pro) 64 bit (WoW64) with Opera browser 34.0.1750.51 (my browser cache and cookies have been cleared).

I have never had any problem watching live tv before.  I feel this MUST BE A COMCAST PROBLEM.      For what it's worth.

New Poster

Having the exact same problem here,

I'm trying to watch the NBA playoffs and it keeps freezing after 3 or 4 seconds, this is so irritating.

New Poster

I was having the same problems.  Go through the tntdrama.com website instead.  Seems not to freeze like it did through the infixinity website.  

New Poster

This is truly annoying. I am having same issues with Comcast xfinity online tv. 

Regular Visitor

I'm having the same issue which is extremely disspointing considering this was a primary reason for my switching from AT&T to Xfinity...

Since I'm recieving a fraction of the services agreed upon can I send a fraction of my payment every month?

Regular Visitor

The issue with playback freezing through the xfinity web portal still remains.

I think I have narrowed it down to the web portal as I haven’t noticed the freezing through the mobile application.

Playback freezes sporadically but id say at the very least, every 2 minutes or so.

The problem occurs through multiple PCs, laptops, and every browser (chrome, firefox, explorer) and every channel I have attempted to watch but oddly enough, my recorded shows seem to play flawlessy (no freezing)

I am able to stream hulu, youtube, netflix and just about any other streaming site you can imagine without issue so this it is safe to say that this problem is unique to the xfinity web portal

New Poster

I think that this garbage is from xifinity adding to many freaking advertisements, I mean this is a payed service. we don't need freaking commercials on our online content, I have had this service for years and I never had issues like this till this year whatevery you changed get rid of it and problem solved. 

Regular Visitor

My xfinity portal service how now gone from  sporadically freezing to not working at all.

Your connection has been interrupted.

(Error 500: Internal server error)

This may be a temporary issue so try again shortly.

Try Again

Frequent Visitor

I was working yesterday but I am now getting:

Your connection has been interrupted.

(Error 500: Internal server error)

This may be a temporary issue so try again shortly.

Try Again

Using Google Chrome, Windows 7 x64 SP1

Cleared cache and still getting the issue

New Poster

New Poster

Freezes with Dr Who, it's because of that entrusive script you have constantly running on peoples machine for advertisments. It's running a check of some kind and virus scans and browsers see it for what it is and it ends up freezing the video to stop the script from running.

If we pay for this service in the first place why do we have to sit through these ridiculous ads?

Problem Solver

Hi Vipergt03,

You are asking a very good question that deserves an answer from a Comcast employee (Employee usernames are always in RED).  Notice my name and yours are blue.

This thread (question & replies) is very old. It was started in 2011.

It is extremely unlikely a Comcast employee will reply to your post.

I suggest you post a new question to start a new thread. Click on my link below then on the next page look for a YELLOW BOX that says "NEW MESSAGE" and click on it. I noticed you became a member yesterday, and thought a few detailed instructions might help.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/bd-p/OnlineHelpTV

New Poster

My Zip Code:98407My Cable Provider:Use Dac:falseMy Conroller ID:UnknownMy Map ID:UnknownMy Persona ID:1My myDVR Manager Status:UnknownMy Set Top Box Names:UnknownMy Watchlist setup:falseFacebook Watchlist Syncing:falseFacebook Connect:falseMy public IP address:2601:601:c400:9e93:5143:15a1:c705:c9ddMy operating system:Windows - Windows NT 10.0My web browser:Explorer 10 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; Trident/8.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)My system typeesktop computer or other deviceMy Silverlight version:5.1.40728.0My Flash version:19.0.0.245Javascript:enabled

Time Information

My Clock Time:
Sat Nov 14 19:38:50 PST 2015
Server Clock Time:
Sat Nov 14 19:38:22 PST 2015

My Account Information

In Home Authenticated:
pending
Primary Account:
Provider Codes:
s, jt, du, cy, fk, kf, ep, eq, hc, dm, cq, hb, eu, ey, ee, fm, u, gz, fc, eh, bt, gi, ja, bw, gf, bu, by, bs, at, em, kg, bl, ix, gd, fo, bp, gw, gr, iy, jy, k, dg, dt, bn, ha, bi, bj, ki, ka, ce, it, ez, dx, gk, fh, ef, fd, do, fy, jo, ju, is, au, ew, ed, b, go, dj, de, kb, ei, h, fa, ci, a, fx, gq, cp, jf, cw, ge, ea, cb, eb, bz, jj, co, jr, gh, jc, gn, dp, gg, gl, dh, en, gp, fi, cd, cf, fb, ar, cg, df, cu, ir, jq, ia, br, fe, n, ex, jv, ga, fw, ke, fz, o, bx, dw, fn, ff, jm, dv, fs, ct, cs, kh, et, cv, gv, fr, db, dr, bm, jb, gm, er, fv, dy, cj, bo, dn, ft, el, bq, kd, jk, aw, je, dc, jl, jw, jn, da, im, iz, fq, fl, gs, bv, di, fu, cx, dq, fg, cm, fp, ds, eo, gx, d, y, es, gj, ev, ht, gc, fj, cn, ch, gb, eg, kc, cc, ji
Internet Subscriber:
true
Cable TV Subscriber:
true
Voice Subscriber:
false
Frequent Visitor

Its STILL freezing all the time!

New Poster

I don't have Windows, I have an iPad, it's mac

Frequent Visitor

Tested and it happens with a direct connection and with all OSes.  I can see the stream signal with our montioring equipment and it drops to almost 0.  it's as if they dont want it to work.  I am dropping comcast forever and never looking back!

Frequent Visitor

I find it fraudulent that this is maked as solved.  clicking on "go to solution" loops right back to this.

at 8:43PM EST the streams started freezing again.  the fact that it only happens at peek times tells the issue. 

THIS IS NOT SOLVED.

tested across platforms and browsers with 2 brands of DOCSIS 3 modems.  FAILED TESTS

Frequent Visitor

2011 until now  - still NO SOLUTION yet it is marked as having one.  your statement changes this fact, how?

MANY MANY people since 2011 all the way up until yesterday have been reporting this.  its not an old thread, its an old problem on a CONTINUING thread.

Why are you ignoring the posts from 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016?

Why start a new thread when its the same issue, overloaded streams that drop during peak times.  COMCAST knows this and this is the way to keep reporting.  in one thread all the people with the SAME problem.  the sadest part is its been happening for over 5 years.

Tags (1)
Admin1

Idiantonio -- Instructions were given during this thread for anyone still having these issues:

Per ComcastJoe:

I am sorry for the delayed response.

A lot of back end technologies have changed since this thread started 4 years ago.

If you are still having playback issues, can you please post:

1) The asset(s) that are causing this issue. I need specific live streams or shows & episode names so I can check the health of the assets. 

2) What is the experience? How often is it freezing/buffering?

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Streaming issues - live streaming TV connection problems

Lilke everyone, we are having live tv streaming issues.  I would list the exact issues and channels but comcast knows what these are.  They are overloaded nodes.   Good day and good bye comcast. 

Please post a seperate thread with your issues so we can't organize and so no one can see what a wide spread problem this is because that makes sense for finding a solution..  Or is it to protect reputation and water down the complaints when this X1 market is such a hot topic to sales? I would tell you but they wont let me.

Please demand quality or disconnect.  SO many options now a days.  Once again, thank you for showing me what a mistake I made choosing comcast.