Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Online TV not in my time zone

New Poster

Online TV not in my time zone

whenever i go to watch XfinityTVOnline everything thats playing is a couple hours ahead of whats supposed to be playing my time. how can i change that.

Problem Solver

Re: Online TV not in my time zone

So we both are doing the same thing.

Start on Xfinity Home Page.  Click on TV at the top of the page. On the next page Click on WATCH ON TV near the top of the page.

You should now see TV listings which looks like a channel guide.  Look at the top left of the Listings box - do you see your ZIP CODE?  If no input your zip code.  If yes lets change it to another zip (use mine in EST 15066) then change it back to your zip code.  NOTICE IF THE TIME A SHOW IS ON - IN THE LISTINGS - CHANGES WITH THE ZIP CHANGE.

New Poster

I have the same issue a lot of the watch live tv streams seem to be east coast time zone and are 3 hours ahead from the same channels on my cable box

Problem Solver

ken1011 wrote:

I have the same issue a lot of the watch live tv streams seem to be east coast time zone and are 3 hours ahead from the same channels on my cable box

Hi Ken,

Is your online guide accurate as to the time online shows are available?

Official Employee

The online tvlistings grid reads your current time and timezone from the local computer clock. The first thing that you should check is that the computer is set to the correct timezone. You may need to completely quit your browser (not just close the window) before the browser picks up the new timezone.

If the time is still off by an hour after doing that, you can click "Customer Listings" just above the grid on the right. Then click the  "Don't Observe Daylight Saving Time?" link and select the proper offset.

- Dan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

This is specific to Streaming Now Online (watch shows from the website) and not Watch on TV (listings/guide to what's on TV). I am in the Pacific time zone and Streaming Now Online appears to default to Eastern time. I have entered my zip code to adjust the channel line up several times. While the Watch on TV listings are adjusted, nothing changes with the Streaming Now Online line up. I have this same problem on my office computer. The time zone on my home and office computers are both correctly set to Pacific time as well. Is there no way to change the time zone on Streaming Now Online?

Regular Visitor

This is a train wreck Comcast/Xfinity does not have a clue what is going on!  Not ONE solution they have giving has worked! I have called a dozen times and have that recorded. Oh and they will tell you give it ten minutes then log back. What a crock of S***

They are master at giving the run around and NO SOLUTIONs

This thread was began Aug 201 , it is now Dec 2014  still can't figure it out Comcast!! 

Oh go back and read some other threads on this same issue!  It is all over just ask a diffent way.  The Techs still not have it figured out.'Comcast/Xfinity can not fix it and just keep pacifying us customers with junk solutions.

The time zone on my computer is perfect!  Stop telling me to fix my computer time. Fix the channel line up problems

New Poster

THERE IS NO FIX AND THEY KNOW IT. I spent over FOUR hours repeatedly following their moronic suggestions to get Live TV over a few months. Finally, I took matters in my own hands and I spoke with someone from "corporate" after going ballistic on Twitter, and there is no fix for this, they are aware of it and you all have wasted your time, while Comcast laughs. Go nuts on Twitter with all the #comcastcares etc type hashtags, you will get a response. Live TV does not work live anywhere but the east coast, and they try to block all tv mirroring from ipads. Screw 'em. Cannot wait for Apple to kill these companies. And no discount for inferior service, I might add.
New Poster

Over promising, under preforming. Just like AT&T, who is looking at criminal charges for similar behavior.
New Poster

Comcast online TV, either from laptop to your phone will be based according to Comcast HQ located in Penn State in agreement with TV companies such as USA, TNT, Weather Channel...etc is only allowed to broadcast live TV from there servers location time zone. To make this simple for all ,Comcast signed a contract with TV Companies to broadcast TV to there consumer's only in Comcast HQ local timezone. So no matter where you are and you stream live TV from your device you will be streaming it Via Eastern Standard Time [ EST ].
New Poster

I do not see a zip code and there in no field to enter a zip code??

New Poster

i dont see a place for zip code

Bronze Problem Solver

edamico1955 wrote:

i dont see a place for zip code

Those posts are reffering to the old web site. There is no longer a place to enter your zipcode

Official Employee

2 year old thread closed.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon