Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Online TV Shows

New Poster

Online TV Shows

I've had nothing but the best service from you guys and gals and  i respect all the bs you go through....but what happened to updating the tv shows most of all my favorite shows i miss i cant watch cause you all are behind on updating the episodes.

Whats the deal?

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Online TV Shows

Hi, each show has its own specific rules concerning availability that are dictated by the show's provider.  We post what we're allowed to, when we're allowed to, per those licensing rules and restrictions.  When we can, we actually display those rules on the show's page on XfinityTV.com underneath the show description so that customers can know what to expect.

What shows in particular are not being updated?  

Eric

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

most of the shows  i watch are from the food network and you guys used to update almost daily when i first subscribed but here lately its like a new episode rarely gets added.as for the rules i didnt see any so if  i missed it i apologize.

Official Employee

For Food Network we're allowed to carry all episodes from the current season for the top 10 currently airing shows per Nielsen ratings.  Episodes are posted day after air.  In this case though, there's currently an issue with Food Network shows where they are being listed at the bottom of each page under "All Full Length Videos" instead of at the top of the page under the current season.  You can see this on this page, where the most recent episode was "Food Adventures":

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Barefoot-Contessa/6833302124387506112/full-episodes#episode=86043...

It looks like all recent episodes are there though, just categorized incorrectly.  We're working to fix that.  Sorry for the confusion.

Eric

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation