Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Online Streaming constantly skipping and cutting off

New Poster

Online Streaming constantly skipping and cutting off

I don't know what has happened to your online streaming service over the past few weeks but it has become absolutely terrible to try and watch ANY programs no matter what computer or device I use. The videos constantly skip and shut off for no reason. I enjoy the library for all your shows and movies but can't sit and enjoy anything because of the constant interruption. Please try to find a way to fix these issues so I go back to enjoying the use of your service or I will cancel everything!!!

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Online Streaming constantly skipping and cutting off

SDC0721 wrote:

I don't know what has happened to your online streaming service over the past few weeks but it has become absolutely terrible to try and watch ANY programs no matter what computer or device I use. The videos constantly skip and shut off for no reason. I enjoy the library for all your shows and movies but can't sit and enjoy anything because of the constant interruption. Please try to find a way to fix these issues so I go back to enjoying the use of your service or I will cancel everything!!!

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

Hi Joe- I'll have to agree with the previous customer's streaming issue. The shows and/or networks that I am streaming from are anything on HBO, Showtime, AMC, USA, Sundance, etc. I constantly do speed tests for my computer and internet, to see if those may be causing the issue and have yet to find anything that would make me think that they are the problem. The network that is causing the most trouble is Showtime (i.e. "Shameless", "Dexter", etc). I went to the link you provided and have pasted below my device information for you to review. I would also like to add that I have no issues streaming live TV only OnDemand programming. Do you think this could be an issue with certain network's servers? 

I appreciate any help or insight you can provide for solving this problem. If you can please copy your reply to markfoley09@gmail.com that would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

MF

my_device_screenshot.png

New Poster

I'm having the same problem and it has been months of trying different browsers, refreshing pages over and over, then finally giving up and going to NETFLIX or HULU for my online viewing. Doesn't seem to play favorites with me; it can be from HBO, the History Channel, Syfy, whatever. I have gotten through entire movies without it cutting out, but it is rare. My hardware is up to the task. I never had a problem with U-verse on the same computer, and I didn't experience reduced quality during times of peak usage like I do with xfinity's site. I will be cancelling my xfinity service in October unless I can get everything I am paying for (as advertised) well before then.

Latest show I could not finish watching: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Counting-Cars/8213428620954975112/34001475655/The-Marleymobile/vi...

My Zip Code: 30004

My Cable Provider: Not Installed

Use Dac: False

My Conroller ID: 153

My Map ID: 227

My Persona ID: 6767

My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed

My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed

My Queue setup: True

Facebook Queue Syncing: False

Facebook Connect: False

My public IP address: 2001:558:6011:1d:24ff:5df1:21b7:640e

My operating system: Windows - Undefined

My web browser: Chrome 27 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/27.0.1453.116 Safari/537.36

My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device

My Silverlight version: 5.1.20125.0

My Flash version: 11.7.700

Javascript: Enabled

Cookies: Enabled (2068 Bytes).

Time Information

My Clock Time: Fri Jun 21 2013 00:17:41 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Server Clock Time: Fri Jun 21 2013 00:16:40 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

My Account Information

In Home Authenticated: False

Primary Account: True

Provider Codes: Cy, Dm, Eh, Bw, At, Bl, Gr, K, Dg, Bn, It, Is, B, De, H, Ci, A, Cb, E, Ir, Gl, F, M, Cd, Df, Bh, Dy, Cj, Di, Cx, Ds, Gx, D, Cc

Internet Subscriber: True

Cable TV Subscriber: True

Voice Subscriber: False

Regular Visitor

I am also having the same problem... Here is my info:

My Device Information My Zip Code: 08054 My Cable Provider: Comcast Garden State Digital Use Dac: False My Conroller ID: 16 My Map ID: Unknown My Persona ID: 10986 My myDVR Manager Status: Activated My Set Top Box Names: Livingroom My Watchlist setup: False Facebook Watchlist Syncing: True Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 2601:C:5b80:2cb:40f2:C00f:a02f:4e23 My operating system: Windows - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 36 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/36.0.1985.125 Safari/537.36 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Silverlight version: 5.1.30214.0 My Flash version: 14.0.0 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled (2236 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Mon Jul 21 2014 04:50:43 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time) Server Clock Time: Mon Jul 21 2014 04:50:41 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

My Account Information In Home Authenticated: False Primary Account: True Provider Codes: S, Du, Cy, Fk, Ep, Eq, Hc, Dm, Cq, Dd, Hb, Eu, Ey, Ee, Fm, U, Gz, Fc, Eh, Bt, Ca, Gi, Ja, Bw, Jg, Gf, Bu, By, Em, Bs, At, Bl, Ix, Gd, Fo, Bp, Gw, Gr, Iy, K, Dg, Dt, Bn, Ha, Bi, Bj, Ce, It, Ez, Dx, Gk, Fh, Fd, Do, Fy, Is, Au, Ew, Ed, B, Go, Dj, De, Ei, H, Fa, Ci, A, Fx, Gq, Cp, Jf, Cw, Ge, Ea, Cb, E, Eb, Bz, Jj, Co, Ir, Gh, Jc, Gn, Dp, Gg, Gl, Dh, F, M, En, Gp, Fi, Cd, Cf, Fb, Ar, Cg, Df, Cu, Cz, C, Br, Fe, N, Ex, Ga, Fw, Fz, Bx, Dw, Bb, Bc, Fn, Ff, Jm, Dv, Fs, Ct, Cs, Et, Cv, Gv, Fr, Db, Dr, Bm, Jb, Gm, Bk, Er, Fv, Dy, Cj, Bo, Dn, Ft, Bq, G, Jk, Aw, Je, Dc, Jl, Dl, Da, Im, Iz, Fq, Fl, Gs, Bv, El, Di, Fu, Cx, Dk, Dq, Fg, Cm, Fp, Ds, Eo, Gx, D, Y, Es, Gj, Ev, Ht, Gc, Fj, Cn, Ch, Gb, Eg, Cc, Ji Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True
New Poster

I have been trying to watch the 2nd episode of EXTANT, but the video stops, skips, tells me it can not be shown at this time, and gives me error 519, cbs: video-306481219503.  This has also happened over and over again, with other programs.

I tried to watch EXTANT on my iphone 5s, with no success, because there are no CBS programs on the Xfinity TV app. for iphones!!  BUMMER.