Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Online Streaming and Channel Subscription Problem

New Poster

Online Streaming and Channel Subscription Problem

I contacted Comcast customer support about this issue on Thursday.  They told me they were submitting a ticket and it would be fixed between 24-72 hours.  It's now day 4 and hasn't been fixed yet, so before I called back I wanted to see if anyone here could help. 

My TV plan includes channels such as ESPN, HLN, TNT, etc.  However, I cannot stream these channels online or through the app as it says they are not part of my subscription.  I can't use the WatchESPN app either, for the same reason.  I can get some channels such as CNN, FoxNews (blah), and The Weather Channel.  

The customer support person last Thursday told me they were going to refresh my account, but of course that diidn't work.

Help!   

Regular Visitor

Re: Online Streaming and Channel Subscription Problem

We're having the exact same issue, our online streaming access has been unavailable since the begining of the month. And for us it's not just online or the app, it's the On Demand on TV too. Live TV works just fine on all chanells and we seem to have online access to the basic channels but anything above that is unavailable. It says we require a subscription when we already have one for the respective channels. We've learned Comcast had an update to their billing system at the begining of the month and it seems a lot of things got messed up with it. I am pretty sure it's somewhat conected to that. I am going to call back today to get an update on my ticket since we are also overdue on that 24-72 hour call back. 

New Poster

If you get it fixed, I'd appreciate it if you could post an update on what Comcast did to fix it.  I'll try to do the same. 

I've just tried to get the streaming working over the past two weeks, so I can't tell you if mine was working before Comcast's billing update. 

Regular Visitor

Well, I called yesterday to get an update on the open ticket and the reply I got was "the ticket was only submitted yesterday so you are still in the 24-72 hr window"....interesting, considering I called about it last week. Obviously the streaming is still unavailable so I hope they are working on it and they know how to fix it. I'll give them a few more days. This issue is just a part out of a  list of problems we have been dealing with in the past 2 weeks so our patience is starting to run thin... 

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation