Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Online On Demand, Safari & Silverlight Issue

Regular Visitor

Online On Demand, Safari & Silverlight Issue

I'm having an issue where I can't watch any videos online on my Mac using safari...I keep getting a message saying that I have to upgrade my version of Silverlight. The strange thing is that I'm running the most up-to-date version of Sil;verlight there is (Silverlight 5 (5.1.10411.0)).

What's the deal...I could watch videos just the other day just fine. I've tried reinstalling silverlight and rebooting my computer but Xfinity just keeps telling me the same thing:

"Please upgrade your Microsoft Silverlight plug-in to begin watching this video."

Help please!

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Online On Demand, Safari & Silverlight Issue

GH1988 wrote:

I'm having an issue where I can't watch any videos online on my Mac using safari...I keep getting a message saying that I have to upgrade my version of Silverlight. The strange thing is that I'm running the most up-to-date version of Sil;verlight there is (Silverlight 5 (5.1.10411.0)).

What's the deal...I could watch videos just the other day just fine. I've tried reinstalling silverlight and rebooting my computer but Xfinity just keeps telling me the same thing:

"Please upgrade your Microsoft Silverlight plug-in to begin watching this video."

Help please!

We have released a patched version of Silverlight that is mandatory to use to watch videos on XFINITY. This is version 5.1.10516.0 and can only be downloaded from our site. 

Are you having issues downloading the patch? If so, did you uninstall Silverlight or did you just try downloading the patch? 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Silver Problem Solver

where is that link to download it located?

New Poster

I have the same issue with silverlight..I have the latest version. Where i can find the link for that patch? 

Thanks,

Kadive

Official Employee

kadive wrote:

I have the same issue with silverlight..I have the latest version. Where i can find the link for that patch? 

Thanks,

Kadive

Completely uninstall Silverlight and all of its files from your computer and then try installing Silverlight from here:

http://silverlight.dlservice.microsoft.com/download/5/F/4/5F4E029C-77F5-4EC7-B084-E7B180483AFF/10516...

THIS IS FOR MAC USERS ONLY.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation