Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,808,627

members

79

online now

1,954,485

discussions

Top

On line, past TV shows will not play

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

On line, past TV shows will not play

On line, past TV shows will not play.  Listing of them is find, but will not play.  Using firefox..  Do I need an add on?

Accepted Solution

Re: On line, past TV shows will not play

Joe

Have it running now.  Thank you.  Had to take off Java & adobe flats, then put them in.  Had big problems with Firefox clashing on me while  making changes. 

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: On line, past TV shows will not play

Hello,

Here is the standard reply you will get from a comcast admin so your best bet is to provide this info and wait till someone gets back to you.

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

 

What is happening when trying to watch these episodes? Are you getting an error message? Blank/Black screen? Please be as specific as possible.

Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

Re: On line, past TV shows will not play

Screen is Blank/Black screen.  How do i get a copy of computor page to this screen or sent by email of it to you?  What is your address.  Thank you  Jerry

Official Employee

Re: On line, past TV shows will not play


jerrymc1 wrote:

Screen is Blank/Black screen.  How do i get a copy of computor page to this screen or sent by email of it to you?  What is your address.  Thank you  Jerry


Just use copy and pasting and post the information into this thread.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Re: On line, past TV shows will not play

My Device Information My Zip Code: 99223 My Cable Provider: Unknown Use Dac: false My Conroller ID: 184 My Map ID: 64 My Persona ID: 7121 My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: false Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: false My public IP address: 67.171.61.75 My operating system: Windows -  Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; browseforchangetoolbar_browseforchange; BRI/2) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Unknown My Silverlight version: 5.1.10411.0 My flash version: 11.5 r502 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Unknown Time Information My Clock Time: Unknown Server Clock Time: Unknown
My Account Information Primary Account: true Provider Codes: s, bi, bj, cy, bq, ce, cd, cf, aw, ar, dc, cg, cq, da, cu, au, bv, b, cz, u, c, br, cx, bt, cm, h, ad, bw, bh, ci, a, y, bx, cp, bu, by, cn, ax, bs, at, ct, cb, ch, cs, e, aj, cv, bz, db, bm, co, bl, bp, cw, bo, j, cc, f, m, bn Internet Subscriber: true Cable TV Subscriber: true Voice Subscriber: true
Frequent Visitor

Re: On line, past TV shows will not play

Ia this what you need below.

Official Employee

Re: On line, past TV shows will not play


jerrymc1 wrote:
My Device Information My Zip Code: 99223 My Cable Provider: Unknown Use Dac: false My Conroller ID: 184 My Map ID: 64 My Persona ID: 7121 My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: false Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: false My public IP address: 67.171.61.75 My operating system: Windows -  Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; browseforchangetoolbar_browseforchange; BRI/2) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Unknown My Silverlight version: 5.1.10411.0 My flash version: 11.5 r502 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Unknown Time Information My Clock Time: Unknown Server Clock Time: Unknown
My Account Information Primary Account: true Provider Codes: s, bi, bj, cy, bq, ce, cd, cf, aw, ar, dc, cg, cq, da, cu, au, bv, b, cz, u, c, br, cx, bt, cm, h, ad, bw, bh, ci, a, y, bx, cp, bu, by, cn, ax, bs, at, ct, cb, ch, cs, e, aj, cv, bz, db, bm, co, bl, bp, cw, bo, j, cc, f, m, bn Internet Subscriber: true Cable TV Subscriber: true Voice Subscriber: true

Thank you for this.

 

What specific shows/episodes/movies are you trying to watch? I would like to test these out also.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Re: On line, past TV shows will not play

Watch tv, "watch online" pick any one, not working.  Glee, 60 minites, NCIS .  Not workimg.  My computor works fine, it is my wife computor that is bad.

Official Employee

Re: On line, past TV shows will not play


jerrymc1 wrote:

Watch tv, "watch online" pick any one, not working.  Glee, 60 minites, NCIS .  Not workimg.  My computor works fine, it is my wife computor that is bad.


Completely uninstall Adobe Flash Player from your computer and then try installing again from here:

 

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Re: On line, past TV shows will not play

Took off flash player.  A poblem caused the program to stop working on Internet  Explorer, when seting to download, loaded 60%.  Tried firefox, it look like it downloaded,  but can't find it.  Still not working. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: On line, past TV shows will not play

Joe

The TV program  works on my computer, but not on my wife computer?  Is there something I can download from mine to hers?

Official Employee

Re: On line, past TV shows will not play


jerrymc1 wrote:

Joe

The TV program  works on my computer, but not on my wife computer?  Is there something I can download from mine to hers?


Has Flash been installed?

 

Also, you said that you are using Firefox but when you pasted your information is shows that you are using IE9. Which browser are you using?

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Re: On line, past TV shows will not play

Joe

Have it running now.  Thank you.  Had to take off Java & adobe flats, then put them in.  Had big problems with Firefox clashing on me while  making changes. 

Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 1138 views
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation