Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

On Demand filters?

Frequent Visitor

On Demand filters?

Using the android app as a remote works well enough, except for one thing.

Going into On Demand, I pick filters, HD, and free, which changes the selection... The problem is, the few movies that don't come up with errors tell me that they require a subscription.

That's not... free. That's a subscription.

How do I filter for the FREE movies like the list in the cable box's On Demand menu?

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: On Demand filters?

so you're using your pc like a remote based on your description.   When you filter by on demand and click watch on tv all that does is send a signal to the box to change the channel and then you have to pick up the remote to tune the channel, which I think is ridiculous.  

do you get the subscription required when you do this on your cable box with the remote.?  Normally this is a coding issue on your account that you have to contact comcast about.

Frequent Visitor

No- the problem isn't the programs as much as it is the app.

The list of free movies that the box/tv give me is different than what the app gives me. If I DO manage to find one in the list that matches what the cable box listed, it works as expected.

The issue is, when I select Free on the app, it includes the movies that are say... free with an HBO subscription. Which isn't really free at all- it requires the additional HBO subscription!

Silver Problem Solver

you are correct what you see on the app is not the same as what you see on your cable box, there are licensing issues that is the cause of that.

for the app you should be using the play now feature,  you're filtering on demand on your pc or mobile app and then the only ones of those that you can watch on tv are the ones that say watch on tv and the app does not distinguish between what you pay for or not.   I find it best to just do this type of thing on your cable box with the remote its faster and you don't run into these issues.  Even if you find a free show and it is available on your cable box you still need to use the remote to tune the channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation