New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Now dexter only has season 6

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Now dexter only has season 6

Dexter used to have all episodes available all the way to s01e01. Is this a issue, or did xfinity cut the seasons 1-6?
Accepted Solution

Re: Now dexter only has season 6

Hi all,

All Dexter episodes are now online.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

View answer in context
Frequent Visitor

This is an ipad2 I am using
New Poster

Same thing happened to me. They ended 1/3/12 im hoping they come back casue right now its only season 6 Smiley Sad

Silver Problem Solver

on demand shows come and go based on the licensing deal with the network.  all shows use to be there, now not,  the licensing for watching on your pc is also different, showtime also already pulled all programming from netflix. 

Official Employee

Hi all,

We are currently having some issues with Dexter online. Usually, if there is an issue online, it trickles down into the Xfinity TV App.

Our team is working on this issue and I will update you when I learn more.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Joe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Hi Joe,

I was looking forward to watching some of the earlier seasons of Dexter during the free trial of Showtime that is running this weekend.  Unfortunately the only full season available online or on-demand is Season 6.  Kind of makes the headline of "Watch Every Episode of 'Dexter' for Free Online" false advertisement, doesn't it?  You're definitely not giving me any incentive to pay for Showtime.

Official Employee

Hi all,

All Dexter episodes are now online.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Hi Joe,

Thanks, but my free Showtime weekend where I could "Watch Every Episode of 'Dexter' for Free Online" is expired.  Can you give me another free weekend now that they're all online?  I don't feel like wasting my time to make any formal complaint over this, but it is pretty crummy on Comcast's part.

My instinct is that you took down the majority of the episodes during the free weekend so that if people got hooked on a show, they would have to pay extra per month to subscribe to Showtime.  That is fine, but that is not how it was advertised.  It's too bad, because your customers pay enough to at least be treated fairly.  Later this week my rates are going up another 5% without any additional content and you can't even provide the free trial service that you advertise.  I hope that a viable alternative to cable comes to my area soon...

New Poster

Joe,

I see you posted your message on Jan 9, 2012. It is now February 8, 2012 and it seems like this issue happened again. I only see season 6 of Dexter available for streaming. Is there any way to get the other seasons back up?

Thanks.

Official Employee

McG02 wrote:

Joe,

I see you posted your message on Jan 9, 2012. It is now February 8, 2012 and it seems like this issue happened again. I only see season 6 of Dexter available for streaming. Is there any way to get the other seasons back up?

Thanks.

Hi all,

I am sorry to inform you but due to licensing agreements, previous seasons of Dexter have expired from our website.

Our content team is constantly working to bring you a wider selection of TV Shows and movies. We add new content daily, but due to licensing agreements, we may not have every movie/show/episode available for viewing.

I will pass your request of bringing back Dexter Seasons 1-5 along to our content team.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.