Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,810,064

members

50

online now

1,955,246

discussions

Top

Nothing playable

Contributor

Nothing playable

I just recently downloaded and install the xfinity player for my android phone.  Every single listing provided in the app has an orange key next to it.  When I try to play anything, i get a message that I must have a subscription (which I do) and asks me to either order or cancel.

Official Employee

Re: Nothing playable


aghwtryae wrote:

I just recently downloaded and install the xfinity player for my android phone.  Every single listing provided in the app has an orange key next to it.  When I try to play anything, i get a message that I must have a subscription (which I do) and asks me to either order or cancel.


Are you signed in with your Comcast.net e-mail address? 

 

Try deleting all your cookies, cache, and history and then try again.

 

Let me know the results.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Contributor

Re: Nothing playable

yes.  Using my email username and pass.

 

What does cookies, cache, and history have to do with a stand alone app?  As far as I see, the xfinity player does not use my phones' browser.

Official Employee

Re: Nothing playable


aghwtryae wrote:

yes.  Using my email username and pass.

 

What does cookies, cache, and history have to do with a stand alone app?  As far as I see, the xfinity player does not use my phones' browser.


Try uninstalling the app and install it again. 

 

Also, do the channels with the orange keys work on your TV? I know you said you subscribe to them but does the channel come through your TV? Can you access these channels ON Demand too?

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Contributor

Re: Nothing playable

Uninstalled / Reinstalled twice.  The 2nd time, I left the app on the phone instead of moving it to the SD Card.  Same result.  Orange keys on everything.

 

All On Demand listings for which we have subscription are fine on the TV.

Official Employee

Re: Nothing playable


aghwtryae wrote:

Uninstalled / Reinstalled twice.  The 2nd time, I left the app on the phone instead of moving it to the SD Card.  Same result.  Orange keys on everything.

 

All On Demand listings for which we have subscription are fine on the TV.


Are you seeing orange keys when trying to watch videos on XFINITYTV.com?

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Contributor

Re: Nothing playable


ComcastJoe wrote:

aghwtryae wrote:

Uninstalled / Reinstalled twice.  The 2nd time, I left the app on the phone instead of moving it to the SD Card.  Same result.  Orange keys on everything.

 

All On Demand listings for which we have subscription are fine on the TV.


Are you seeing orange keys when trying to watch videos on XFINITYTV.com?

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe


Yes I am.  Everything has an orange key.

Contributor

Re: Nothing playable

Looks like everything is good now.  Thanks.

Official Employee

Re: Nothing playable

Thank you.

 

Our team is further looking into your issue and I will update you when I learn more.

 

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Re: Nothing playable

I am having a problem with this orange play key on the xfinity app and I uninstalled it already. When I installed it again, it still did the same thing. This is on my iPad 2. And i have the subscription to all of the channels. Please help.

Official Employee

Re: Nothing playable


Teetee83 wrote:

I am having a problem with this orange play key on the xfinity app and I uninstalled it already. When I installed it again, it still did the same thing. This is on my iPad 2. And i have the subscription to all of the channels. Please help.


So none of your subscription channels are working on the iPad 2?

 

Are these channels working on your TV?

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Re: Nothing playable

I also have the orange keys next to the shows I am subscribed to on my Galaxy SIII.. I uninstalled the app, reinstalled it, and deleted my cache and cookies. I am able to view all of the shows on my TV and on xfinity.com. What now??
Official Employee

Re: Nothing playable


hopefrancis2866 wrote:
I also have the orange keys next to the shows I am subscribed to on my Galaxy SIII.. I uninstalled the app, reinstalled it, and deleted my cache and cookies. I am able to view all of the shows on my TV and on xfinity.com. What now??

What about videos on XFINITY.com/tv? Do you get orange keys on that site?

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 2523 views
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation