Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Nook HD

New Poster

Nook HD

I recently purchased a new Nook HD. I have tried to download the xfinity app to watch shows on my nook. Each time I try to download the app, it wants me to download it from the Google Play store. When I try to do this, it wants to put the app on my Samsung Galaxy III phone. It actually did once, even though I was on the Nook. Is there a xfinity app available for the new Nook HD? These nooks do run on android.

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Nook HD

there is no app for the nook.  The nook does not run a true android OS its a modified one by barnes and noble.  you can only download what is the nook store for that.  

Official Employee

FMA wrote:

I recently purchased a new Nook HD. I have tried to download the xfinity app to watch shows on my nook. Each time I try to download the app, it wants me to download it from the Google Play store. When I try to do this, it wants to put the app on my Samsung Galaxy III phone. It actually did once, even though I was on the Nook. Is there a xfinity app available for the new Nook HD? These nooks do run on android.

Our product team is constantly working on improving the site to make the best experience possible. Thanks for your suggestion; we'll consider your idea for a future release.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Nook now accepts all Android apps.  But Anyplay still does not work. Any solutions?

Regular Visitor

I understand the new Nook HD is accepting all Android apps.  Has Comcast kept current with this?

New Poster

I am having the same problems with the Nook Tablet.  When I tried to download the Xfinity app to my Nook it instead put the app on my cell phone and not onto my tablet.  It would be nice to have another device to watch Xfinity programs.  I am also wondering when Xfinity is going to be part of the app that other digital providers such as Verizon Fios and Dish Network that we can watch with the Nook with Starz play and Encore play.