Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

No sound

New Poster

No sound

There is no sound when I watch TV online.  I know it is not my computer because, for example, I can go to abc.com and watch and hear a program.  I have checked the actual volume of the program and it is set to max, and I have checked whether I have the program muted, by turning the mute on and then off.  Is there an account preference setting that could have been accidentally set to mute?  Thank you for any help!

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: No sound

LeMonstre wrote:

There is no sound when I watch TV online.  I know it is not my computer because, for example, I can go to abc.com and watch and hear a program.  I have checked the actual volume of the program and it is set to max, and I have checked whether I have the program muted, by turning the mute on and then off.  Is there an account preference setting that could have been accidentally set to mute?  Thank you for any help!

Make sure your speakers are installed properly. Once you are sure they are properly installed, make sure you don’t have any headphones or other devices plugged into the headphone jack.

When you click the speaker button to the right of the green bar, this mutes the sound. Even if you mute it then leave the video then come back to it later, the volume is still muted. Click the speaker box and see if that works.

If the steps above do not work, please tell me what videos have no sound?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Re: No sound

Hi, I am experiencing this on all xfinity videos when I use my laptop. All other sounds are working just fine, but xfinity videos play silent and adjusting the volume in the player makes no difference. This has occurred with both Chrome and Firefox. I am really surprised that there are no suggestions offered on the support page beyond checking that speakers are working. Thanks.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation