discussions

No sound on internet.

Regular Visitor

No sound on internet.

i have no sound on internet video

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: No sound on internet.

do you have it on other websites and its just not on comcast?

Frequent Visitor

What is REALLY disgusting is all the absolute lying Comcast throws out to avoid having to "credit" for many spent hours of their inability to do anything.

Originally C.C. told me NOTHING was wrong on their end so I threw away $98.00USD going to a top technician who after 24 hours of scrutiny told me NOTHING was wrong with my computer. 

I got it home and it is now 6 days with NO sound on my Compaq Computer and nothing's resolved to date.

At one point some outer Mongolia chickie on the Comcast forum site I accessed spent nearly an hour trying to figure out the English language. I managed to make myself a sandwich in between.  As a foreigner myself, I did my very best to be as simplistic as possible but she could of been on a comedy show for all the absurd/unrelated/goofy replies I kept getting. I got to where I REALLY wrote in veeeeery simple terms and .....she suddenly threw insults my way, stated she did not like her job(?) and on the screen advised her boss that she was quiting, that she did not understand anything and what I wrote was stupid and she did not get paid much anyway.  No doubt she went back to sweeping streets.  

It's not hard to tell how much Comcast invests on quality service.

Official Employee

Conchita,

I am sorry you had such a poor customer service experience but I would like to help you.

Did videos play correctly but with just no sound? If they didn't play at all, did you get a error message?

What videos did you try playing?

Does sound work on other sites?

Also, please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Judy62,

Please try another website like suggested and let me know if sound works on those sites.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Oh Dear Lord in Heaven.......

Here we go again.  Comcast needs to train its agents better.

At no time, NEVER in all that I wrote did I EVER mention the word videos!  I don't use videos.

I don't buy videos . I don't want computer Videos, etc.   All I want is to get sound on my speaker.  A simple

speaker that has sound when I watch - say Jennifer Lopez singing.  Call it a video if you want

but for me it is merely going into the internet and watch short movies on movie stars where the

two expensive "speakers" I own suddenly went dead.  Am I making sense?    

Frequent Visitor

Adding to the above.

I know that Comcast was having terrible, terrific problems with sound a week before I lost all sound.

I was on the internet watching as the lady tried repeatedly to correct the problem but after - over

40 minutes she appeared very frustrated and in a moment more she checked out.

I understood that there had been a voice computer failure by your far away offices that they were trying to

correct and finally just messaged me to go ahead and check out since it would probably take over

one hour to adjust.  

Ever since then I lost all sound.   Hope this helps.  

Frequent Visitor

Last but not least, I use my computer to book trips for clients and unless this situation

is not corrected in the next two days - after one week of patience - I will cancel my subscription

and switch to AT&T.

Sorry but I use my machine for business more than for pleasure.

Thanks.

Official Employee

Conchita,

This board is mostly for just Xfinitytv.com videos so that is why I asked you about the videos having sound.

Does sound work on any website at all? Xfinitytv.com, youtube.com, etc.

Does it work on any computer programs you have?

If no sound is working on any website and program, I would contact the maker of the speakers for futher troubleshooting.

Also, please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I have no sound on any website but can play music Windows through Windows media player