Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

No "in home" streaming

New Poster

No "in home" streaming

Set up a new modem and router this weekend (owned). Activated online and they are working fine. But since setting up the new modem, all my channels have vanished from the stream app except for the "to go" channels. I no longer have my local channels etc for in home streaming. How do I get them back? Have tried to connect with customer service chat over the last three days and it won't connect. All channels still are listed in my account as part of my subscription....they just don't show up in stream.
Official Employee

Re: No "in home" streaming

DaisyMaeF wrote:
Set up a new modem and router this weekend (owned). Activated online and they are working fine. But since setting up the new modem, all my channels have vanished from the stream app except for the "to go" channels. I no longer have my local channels etc for in home streaming. How do I get them back? Have tried to connect with customer service chat over the last three days and it won't connect. All channels still are listed in my account as part of my subscription....they just don't show up in stream.

Sorry you're having trouble. It sounds like your modem's MAC address isn't properly associated with you account. Please contact us (Internet support) and request that your "modem gets added to an outlet on your account".  It can sometimes take a few hours for all the data to propagate through the various systems that determine if you are "in-home".

One of the easiest ways to get in touch is to schedule a callback at your convenience (so you don't have to wait on hold). It is usually pretty fast or you can choose a future time that works for you.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/schedule-callback/#contact

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation