New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

No online movies but some TV shows are working

Frequent Visitor

No online movies but some TV shows are working

I've tried the 32bit trick and I thought it was working but clicked on

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/movies/Despicable-Me/152165/1990543966/Despicable-Me-%28HBO%29/videos

and it wanted to load forever. Actually all the movies are doing that,

My Device Information My Zip Code: 35811 My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: Unknown My public IP address: 68.62.173.187 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.0 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.0; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC1; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; BOIE9;ENUSMSNIP) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: Silverlight not installed. My flash version: 11.1 r102 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled

Official Employee

Re: No online movies but some TV shows are working

ImSoDumbAtThis wrote:

I've tried the 32bit trick and I thought it was working but clicked on

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/movies/Despicable-Me/152165/1990543966/Despicable-Me-%28HBO%29/videos

and it wanted to load forever. Actually all the movies are doing that,

My Device Information My Zip Code: 35811 My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: Unknown My public IP address: 68.62.173.187 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.0 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.0; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC1; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; BOIE9;ENUSMSNIP) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: Silverlight not installed. My flash version: 11.1 r102 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled

Try downloading Microsoft Silverlight 5 from here than try playing the video again.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

I had to uninstall and reinstall of Silverlight 5 because it prompted me that it was the same version. I tried the video again and still with the same results, just rolling Starting playback.

Silver Problem Solver

do you have another computer or internet capable device you can try it on?

Frequent Visitor

Sadly not until Santa comes then I will have a laptop. However just for giggles I clicked the link to Dispicable Me in my original post and lo and behold it started? So I closed that movie window out and tried it from the main xfinity web page and its running?  I closed that movie out tried the TV programs and a few more movies and they work.    All though, I had a terrible time clicking the "Sign in" link to be able to reply to this. 

If this works then thank you so much for your help!!!

Other wise, lol I will be back

Silver Problem Solver

sometimes its just a glitch on comcasts end and it just works itself out.  glad its working for you, enjoy

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation