Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

No online DVR control

New Poster

No online DVR control

I used to be able to schedule recordings and even watch recorded shows through the website, but now I can't see anything being recorded or scheduled to be recorded. Do you no longer have any support for a non X1 DVR? 

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: No online DVR control

sjhhjs wrote:

I used to be able to schedule recordings and even watch recorded shows through the website, but now I can't see anything being recorded or scheduled to be recorded. Do you no longer have any support for a non X1 DVR? 

About a year ago, the old web site was replaced by the one you see now. In the FAQ about the new site they wrote the following:

I don't have XFINITY X1 service, how can I schedule recordings when away from home?
With the XFINITY TV app, X1 Cloud DVR customers can schedule and manage their DVR recordings right through the app. All other XFINITY DVR customers should use the XFINITY TV Remote app available in the App Store or Google Play to schedule and manage DVR recordings.

Source:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XFINITY-Stream-Website/Announcement-and-feedback-thread-TV-Go-is-now-pa...

New Poster

So only through the app on my phone am I able to program and edit recordings on my DVR now? Why have the equipment if it's not compatible with the latest web updates.

Bronze Problem Solver

sjhhjs wrote:

So only through the app on my phone am I able to program and edit recordings on my DVR now? Why have the equipment if it's not compatible with the latest web updates.

You need the latest equipment to be used with the latest web site

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation