Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

No longer able to change channels after change to service package

Frequent Visitor

No longer able to change channels after change to service package

I recently upgraded to a new bundled service package, on the day of the switch (April 8) my ability to use the Xfinity app to tune channels ceased to work. I still have the same cable box, which is compatible with the app and worked fine prior to the upgrade of my services. I have reset / power cycled my cable box, including over-night and allowing the program guide to repopulate, I have also reset all newtork devices (modem, router, etc), and have even deleted and reinstalled the app, all to no avail...

Any assistance resolving this is greatly appreciated.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: No longer able to change channels after change to service package

This happens frequently when you change service.   Go here and see what it says for cable boxes and dvrs

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/settings

make sure the correct cable boxes are there.  

Frequent Visitor

Thanks. i did previously visit this page and made sure my cable box was represented. An item I did not include in my original post is that in addition to using the app (on mobile devices) I also change channels via the web using a variety of web-browsers, this functionality also ceased to work. The box identifier (sending box name to TV) does not work. Again, all manner of resets did not resolve this.

Thank you for any continued assistance.

Silver Problem Solver

go to your cable box menu, in there under set up you will see remote access set up, if you click into there you can delete the set up and start over.

Frequent Visitor

Hmmm.... I do not see anything referencing remote access anywhere in all levels of the menu. I have a Motorola DCX3200M (which is an eligible box... plus i've been using it without issue prior to the change in service). I also turned off the box and hit menu on the remote which brings up an additional set of settings options. Nothing there either. I called Comcast... 1st tier tech suport was no help, they sent me up the chain but I ended up getting disconnected. I will try again when time permits.

Thanks again for teh help.

Silver Problem Solver

If you go to your box menu and you do not see remote access set up your box is no longer set up with the app,.

I would go back and follow these instructions again.  If this does not work PM comcast joe to look at your account as its going to be something on comcasts back end.

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/setting-up-the-cable-tv-app/

Frequent Visitor

I stepped through the process again... the app sees my box, but still no control. I will look into contacting Comcast Joe.

Thanks for all your help.

Silver Problem Solver

do you have tv control enabled on the website.?

Frequent Visitor

Yes, it is enabled on the website, but no control.

New Poster

Same thing here. Can't control the cable boxes with EITHER the web-based channel listing OR the android app. No error, just simply nothing happens when you send a channel change. Yes, both cable boxes are enablee. Clicking test THERE, doesn't do anything either.
Frequent Visitor

Problem still remains for me. Per the recommmendation of rog286713,I PM'd Comcast Joe on 4/15... as of today, still no response.

Silver Problem Solver

sorry there is nothing else you can do on your end I would PM again. 

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation