Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

No local channels showing on tv.xfinity.com/listings for me.

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

No local channels showing on tv.xfinity.com/listings for me.

I am subscribed to local stations and can watch them on the STB. They're not showing at tv.xfinity.com/listings nor under channel lineup on the Stream TV app either. I am unable to stream them in my home. I can stream all other channels that I subscribe to. I have rebooted/restarted un-installed/re-installed/logged out/logged till I just can't take it anymore. Does anybody have any ideas? Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Re: No local channels showing on tv.xfinity.com/listings for me.

Ok I called back and this time I was sent to lvl 3 support. They found the issue but had to create an engineering ticket. That ticket should pick it up within the next 24 hours and I should have this issue resolved by Sunday 03/05. I'll close this thread as solved and hopefully, I won't have to start a new one on Monday.

View answer in context
Service Expert

Turtletaub wrote:

I am subscribed to local stations and can watch them on the STB. They're not showing at tv.xfinity.com/listings nor under channel lineup on the Stream TV app either. I am unable to stream them in my home. I can stream all other channels that I subscribe to. I have rebooted/restarted un-installed/re-installed/logged out/logged till I just can't take it anymore. Does anybody have any ideas? Thanks.

call 800-Comcast and select billing. Ask the representative to do the deep background account refresh that takes about an hour to complete (or up to an hour to complete). At that point your local channels should all be working.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I'll call them right now. Thanks again Rustyben.

Frequent Visitor

I called and made it thru to a live person in billing. I asked about the deep account refresh and the CSR was like "Ok no problem" then (literally 5 seconds later) the CSR says, "All done, refreshed, Please try your channels". After checking my channel line up I told the CSR there was no change.

We then proceed into a spiraling stormy void where it's like really dark and windy, but oddly enough there are no sounds and repeat all of our previous steps one more time. Bottom line is that if the account refresh that Rustyben spoke of really takes up to an hour then my CSR either A) doesn't know what a deep refresh is OR didn't want to do it.

The CSR also asked me what I meant by " local channels" and "did I mean channels like CNN". I was completely taken by surprise at that point and I had to make them promise me that they were being serious with that question.That in itself is something because I have zero...zip...none expectations about accomplishing anything on the phone with Comcast anymore yet this person somehow managed to lower the bar even further.

My Grandad had a saying "Don't trouble trouble till trouble troubles you.'  I had forgotten this sage advice because you see, I had all of my 20+ local channels coming into my home via an HD antenna (by the way if you've never seen HD television this way, then you have never seen HD television). The local channels were then streamed wirelessly to all the Rokus throughout my house via  a 4 tuner device called a Tablo. I also had Playstation Vue for all my cable television needs(including HD and DVR service included for free). Wow, I am long winded today. It's therapeutic I suppose.

Anyways my point was that I had everything that I have now and was even paying less for more a month, but I wanted everything in one app on one device so I picked up the phone and troubled trouble. If you're still reading and have any further suggestions please share. Thanks

Frequent Visitor

Ok I called back and this time I was sent to lvl 3 support. They found the issue but had to create an engineering ticket. That ticket should pick it up within the next 24 hours and I should have this issue resolved by Sunday 03/05. I'll close this thread as solved and hopefully, I won't have to start a new one on Monday.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation