Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

No live tv

New Poster

No live tv

Cant stream live tv on my android because it doesn't detect I'm on my home Internet.
Official Employee

Re: No live tv

Hi Avenengo1, this is a known issues that customers are receiving out-of-home error message on the XTV app, and is currently being investigated by our engineers.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Contributor

Any update?  I'm missing march madness.  Not happy. 

Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same problem, it doesn't recognized my home network.  I rebooted my X1 box, my Router and reinstalled the app on my iPad.  Nothing.  I know this was working a day or two ago.

Regular Contributor

See above. Comcast has acknowledged the problem. It's not you. 

Official Employee

No updates as of yet, still being investigated by the proper team.

Thank you

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Contributor

7pm EDT. Still broken. 

Regular Contributor

Still?  Really?

Regular Contributor

Per another user's post, I went to http://www.xfinity.com/activate and reactivated my modem.  Voila!

Frequent Visitor

Thanks lawnguru and all.  I just reactivated my modem and Live TV works for me too now.  I still don't understand how a working app could just break, but I'm glad there was a fix.  I'll try to remenber it for next time

Official Employee

Thank you for the update, glad it is working after reactivating your modem, I will let our teams know.

Thank you

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Contributor

Same problem again.  Reactivating generated an error.

Frequent Visitor

Mine still is working OK.  It occasionally freezes, especially on my old iPad, but last night I was able to watch a baseball game on my newer iPad while I watched the NCAA game on TV.  I just tried it now and it's working ok.

Regular Contributor

It took me three tries to activate.  Seems to be working now.

Frequent Visitor

It seems to me that there are some inherent problems with this app.  An app from a big corporation like Comcast shouldn't keep having these problems.  We shouldn't have to reactivate our modems to get it working again and dealing with freezes.

I hope somebody at Comcast is looking into these problems we are having and trying to figure out what needs to be fixed to eliminate these problems.

Frequent Visitor

Like lawnguru a few days ago, I had to run modem activate several times before I could watch TV on my iPad or Laptop.  As I previously said, this just doesn't seem right.  I wish somebody from Comcast would post to this forum and let us know if they are working on this.  It's frustrating to say the least.

Frequent Visitor

Same problem on all my iOS devices; xfinity tv app is not recognizing my home network. 

Frequent Visitor

I'm starting to think it's not the app on the ios devices but something with the signal and how the modem process it.  When I couldn't get it to work on my iPhone or iPad, I tried to watch TV on my Windows laptop.  Same result.  It wouldn't work.  When I finally got my modem to reactivate, everything started working, my IOS devices and my computers.  I have no idea what the problem could be it sure is frustrating.  Anybody from Comcast listening?

Frequent Visitor

Well, I have not been able to watch Live TV since Saturday.  Frustrating.  So I started a Chat with someone yesterday who had no idea. He gave me a support phone number to call.  I called today.  After being escalated to about 6 Comcast support people, it still doesn't work.  They have me power down my modem and router, check my connections and other things.  I don't think it's my problem but I oblige them.  Nothing works.  I tell them that others have this problem, but I don't think they get it.  They keep thinking it's just me.  And having to repeat all of my information every time I talk to a new person got old.

Are others still having this problem?  And funny, I can record shows that it won't let me watch  because it says I'm not on my home network.  How can that be?

Tomorrow I'm going to call back the last person I talked to.  He said he was going to reauthorize my subscription and it should work in about an hour.  It still doesn't!  Hopefully I'll eventually get to someone at Comcast who has a clue.  Does anyone have the CEO's Phone no. Smiley Happy