Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

No eligible TV, no DVR and No Favorites in TV Remote App

Contributor

No eligible TV, no DVR and No Favorites in TV Remote App

The app worked for me a while back so I know all my devices are compatible. 

It says there are No DVR's Present. I have 3 of them, 2 of which are in the same room and need the remote app as the actual remote will change both boxes. 

Please fix your app!

Contributor

Re: No eligible TV, no DVR and No Favorites in TV Remote App

Hello?????????

Contributor

Bump
Contributor

Heck is living where Comcast is the only cable option.

Contributor

They have made unannounced changes. I typically used the browser page on the web from my laptop when I scheduled programs. Yesterday they changed it without notifying us. So currently it does not show my favorites, time span of the screen guide, and it asks for a device name and it does not see the name of the devices for the xfinity dvr or secondary xfinity box at home. They considered this an enhancement, but when I finally was able to reach someone that new this system, I discussed all of the issues mentioned earlier and said to file my complaint that they should be returned, especially time span and favorites. Took awhile to finally talk to someone who knew what they doing. He said they were taking critiques to pass on.

They should have announced these changes before they put them in effect. For the android apps, TV Remote still shows favorites, but the newer xfinity tv does not. Yes you have to name each of these devices since you are allowed to only have so many remote devices. These devices are not the same as the ones displayed on your tv when you use the tv remote.  So do yourself a favor, call up and complain about the features they dropped that they should not have dropped.

Contributor

Finally got a reply from a higher up on the phone. There is a national outage for the TV Remote App and has been since Sept 15th. Wonderful timing with this change in the TV Online system guys. Appears no one talks between departments in this company at all. Great job!

Contributor

Add me to the very unhappy list. Without being able to filter "Favorite Channel" all channels. I am a quadriplegic, cannot use a remote or remote app for smartphone or tablets. I use to use the web TV guide to change channels on my TV and set DVR recordings. Now I can only use the guide to watch on my small laptop screen and not able to set DVR recordings. Big fail from an accessibility standpoint.

New Poster

I'm having the same issue.  Whether he knows what he's talking about is to be seen, but the tech I talked to today said it won't be fixed until October 20th!

Contributor

This is ridiculous. ComcastWhoever in the "Announcing TV GO!" thread tells us to that it's no problem that they don't support controlling your box/DVR over the web, because you can just download the TV Remote App (which requires a mobile device/tablet).

But the TV Remote App doesn't work, because 'they're working on it'. And ComcastSomebodyElse says maybe it will work in a month (Oct. 20) at the earliest?

Sad!