Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

No current episodes online

Regular Visitor

No current episodes online

Comcast doesn't allow me to watch current episodes of shows online - you have to wait a week - you can only watch the current ones using On Demand.  What???  I am PAYING you to deliver these FREE TV programs and I should be able to watch them whenever, wherever I want.  If I go to ABC.com and try to watch this week's epidode of Alcatraz, for example, it says COMCAST will not allow that. Other TV providers do allow it, as shown on the ABC.com website. Limiting the fast forward option on the On Demand viewer is  a terrible idea.  I was trying to watch the last half of a 2 hour show and had could not skip to the second hour.  Booo Comcast! 

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: No current episodes online

I second that!!

Official Employee

Re: No current episodes online

Mike37037 wrote:

Comcast doesn't allow me to watch current episodes of shows online - you have to wait a week - you can only watch the current ones using On Demand.  What???  I am PAYING you to deliver these FREE TV programs and I should be able to watch them whenever, wherever I want.  If I go to ABC.com and try to watch this week's epidode of Alcatraz, for example, it says COMCAST will not allow that. Other TV providers do allow it, as shown on the ABC.com website. Limiting the fast forward option on the On Demand viewer is  a terrible idea.  I was trying to watch the last half of a 2 hour show and had could not skip to the second hour.  Booo Comcast! 

Our content team is constantly working to bring you a wider selection of TV Shows and movies. We add new content daily, but due to licensing agreements, we may not have every movie/show/episode available for viewing.

As for shows like Alcatraz, Fox has imposed restrictions regarding when users may view current Fox content online. As a result, XfinityTV.com users will have to wait eight days after a Fox program has aired on television before they can watch such program on XfinityTV.com.  We’re sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

As of On Demand fast forwarding, the ad models in the free VOD vary by network and sometimes by show. Some of the content has fast-forwarding disabled while others provide full control over a video. CBS and NBC shows have fast-forward enabled, while for some ABC and Fox shows fast-forward is disabled.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation