Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

No compatible cable boxes were found in your household.

New Poster

No compatible cable boxes were found in your household.

I have a motorola cable box and have been able to use the web tv guide listing to change channels on the TV and on the xfinity tv remote app on my phone. A couple days ago I received the above message and now cannot change channels using the apps. I have not changed any equipment. Hope someone can help.

Frequent Visitor

Re: No compatible cable boxes were found in your household.

I have the same problem which started this morning. I restarted my cable box, closed and relogged into my remote app, restarted my phone. and finally uninstalled and reinstalled my remote app. But still is says "no compatible cable boxes found"

Can someone help?

New Poster

Mine wasn't working then all of a sudden it started working again and now it is broken again. Very frustrating.

Contributor

It was broken for days. Started working again for a few days. Broken again. Really aggravating!

Contributor

Would be nice if you could fix this @comcast. Some of us use the online system a lot. 

New Poster

I believe they are making updates to the software and in my case I can and can't get to the guide on my cable only unit in the bedroom.  Some days it will work and others it won't.  I was told to reboot the main X1 unit to get the other cable box to work.

From my view it is the software is getting stuck in a loop and can't get out.
It will play one channel, the last one it was on.  But the guide won't work, the off / on for the cable doesn't work and the channels can't change either but channel up / down or by putting in numbers.  The box is just not listening to the remote when it goes bad.

I have been working on this for over two weeks now and ready to take it all back and set up something else in the bedroom.  This is just too much trouble for the benefit.

New Poster

As of Sept 24th this feature is still broken. It has broken in the past and took tons of time to fix. This is crazy. I know it's not on my side. I reset both boxes in my house. Didn't fix it, logged out, killed cookies & cache, didn't work. Also logged into IE which I never use freshly logged in same problem. Finally when I use my Android channel guide app same problem. So it's not my boxes and it's not the website or app, this is clearly a backend issue. If I have no compatible boxes then why I can I control my DVR on the same box no issue at all. 

My guess is the X1 boxes aren't effected by this and only the older boxes. So we are treated like second class citizens. I'm pretty near ready to cable cut and I'm lucky there are some choices coming into my area that may allow me to kiss Comcast goodbye.

This lack of customer concern will be a big motivation to make that happen. 

Contributor

It has been over a week since I was able to use the features I pay for. Either give us a credit on our bills or fix it!

Contributor

Not a single reply from support? Do you even acknowledge the issue or what? This error is on both PC and the mobile app. It has been broken for over a week now!

Contributor

Same problem for days now.

Contributor

Now the tv listings is gone and it is just opening the new xfinity site. What a mess. Please fix this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!