New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

No Mobile App Access...

ANSWERED
New Poster

No Mobile App Access...

I am a long time Comcast subscriber.  I have been using TruTV and Cinemax 2go IOS apps on my IPhone and IPad since they were released.  Today I tried to use the TruTV app and could not access programming. Cinemax 2go is the sameway and I think that I must have set top boxes to access this functionality.

I use cablecards in two TiVo boxes and do not have nor do not want cable boxes in my residence.  Why has this requirement been enforced electronically?  Looks like I will be eliminating my Premier package because of this negative revelation.

Accepted Solution

Re: No Mobile App Access...

I was contacted via phone voice mail and I tried to access IOS apps again, using same credentials and connection, on all apps, has been restored somehow.  I have not spoken to the representative that contacted me but I plan to communicate my appreciation.

I consider this challenge closed and again thanks.

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

I do not believe you need a set top box for this ,but you do need to subscribe to those channels through comcast and log in to those apps with the primary account holders credentials.  did you make any changes to your account recently?  If you did that might be what did it. 

New Poster

Made absolutely no changes to account.....

Official Employee

Raptork wrote:

Made absolutely no changes to account.....

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I was contacted via phone voice mail and I tried to access IOS apps again, using same credentials and connection, on all apps, has been restored somehow.  I have not spoken to the representative that contacted me but I plan to communicate my appreciation.

I consider this challenge closed and again thanks.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation