New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

No Eligible DVR Found

Regular Visitor

No Eligible DVR Found

Hi,

I had xfinity tv installed on saturday with two Motorola DCH3416 DVRs. When I try to schedule the DVR from the Internet I get the message "Although this is available in my area no eligible DVRs are found.". My understanding is that the Motorola DVRs do support this functionality. I have had my DVRs synch which Comcast said would fix the problem. Anyone else no how to fix this problem? The one other thing I would mention is that I have BCI not residential Internet which I thought wouldn't matter. Do you need to be on the same physical network as the DVRs? I thought all you needed was a connection to the Internet to program the DVR.
Contributor

Re: No Eligible DVR Found

does this work on your computer?  It needs to work there first.

When you go here what does it say.

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/cable-boxes

Regular Visitor

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.  However, the website you pointed me to in your post is where I get the error.  When I click on the DVR Manager I get this error:  DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are
unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household.  Is there a specific setting I need to change somewhere else on that page?

Thanks!

Contributor

go to your cable box, press menu then cable box settings, see if you have remote access set up there in the menu, if you do you can select it and delete it and start again.  your account on comcasts end has to be set up correctly for this to work also.

Service Expert

yosereli wrote:

go to your cable box, press menu then cable box settings, see if you have remote access set up there in the menu, if you do you can select it and delete it and start again.  your account on comcasts end has to be set up correctly for this to work also.

You will need to choose Setup in the main menu. There is no "cable box settings". Once in Setup you will see remote access setup.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Okay, I went to Setup/Remote Access Setup and intiated the process.  The next step it says is to go to comcast.net/mydvr to complete setup and it gives me a temporary code.  I go to that URL and it walks me through the same thing I've been through a million times:  MyDVR manager/Check for Availability/No DVRs found.  Where am I supposed to enter this mysterious temporary code?

Regular Visitor

Hi,

Just a quick update on my issue.  Someone from Comcast support notified me that I need to have residential Comcast internet service for the Remote DVR setup to work, which is bizarre.  I have a Comcast Business Class internet conneciton at home why would I need a residential internet account.  I thought you could use the iPad app and schedule your DVR from any network.  Is that an incorrect assumption?  I mean really...?

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation